The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Leftover Rib Meat? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106228)

embo500 05-11-2011 08:01 AM

Leftover Rib Meat?

I was eating some baby backs the other night, and something occurred to me. I've seen several recipes for sides (especially beans) that call for "leftover rib meat".

I've been making ribs for several years now, and I have no idea what this "leftover rib meat" could be. Has anyone here ever heard of such a thing as having leftover rib meat?! Because every time I make ribs, I've never seen such a thing.

:becky::becky::becky:

Paulie 05-11-2011 08:02 AM

Had some leftovers from the weekend; cut it off the bone and had me a rib sammich

Ashmont 05-11-2011 08:17 AM

Could use rib tips!

jeffjenkins1 05-11-2011 08:18 AM

I've only seen bad leftover bbq. I've never seen any good leftover bbq...

Just sayin!

Jeff

Ashmont 05-11-2011 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulie (Post 1637314)
Had some leftovers from the weekend; cut it off the bone and had me a rib sammich

Homemade McRib?

Full Draw BBQ 05-11-2011 08:25 AM

My guess would be they are talking about the trimmings when we make St. Louis cut ribs, ect... We toss them all in a bag, and when I have enough, I grind it down with the Kitchenaid attachment and vacuum seal it. Or at least that is what I consider "leftover" rib meat!

SmokinOkie 05-11-2011 08:27 AM

Leftover usually refers to the trimmings on spares when you cut them down to St. Louis.

ME? I never have leftover cooked ribs :D

Funky D 05-11-2011 09:29 AM

Interesting this came up... cooked 4 racks last weekend (2 St. Louis, 2 full spares) for just me and Debbie. Full of ribs, the next night we needed something to do with the rest.

Pulled the meat off the bones, chopped, light mix with some sauce, and served on top of some homemade mac n cheese. (No leftovers of that... although if there were, woulda been interesting to see where things went from there...) :D

expatpig 05-11-2011 10:22 AM

If I happen to have leftover ribs, I make a pot of "Sunday Gravy" throw in the ribs and serve over your favorite pasta.

Dale in GA 05-11-2011 10:27 AM

When/if there is any leftover I make pork tacos or toss in pot for killer Brunswick Stew, yum. :-D

embo500 05-11-2011 01:03 PM

I still don't get it...See, you guys keep using this word "leftovers". I've never seen such a thing when I make ribs...

LOL

Militant83 05-11-2011 01:34 PM

The only way I have leftover rib meat is as stated above you take some spares and cut st louis style then you will have some leftover rib meat or my eyes were bigger than my stomach when I went to the store and got ribs to cook and made way to much.. but when I do that they just go in the fridge and usually dont last more than a couple days.

Militant83 05-11-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale in GA (Post 1637431)
When/if there is any leftover I make pork tacos or toss in pot for killer Brunswick Stew, yum. :-D

mmm brunswick stew... great for cold winter nights or any other time..lol:thumb: