Any KCBS judges in Central Arkansas?

sigpi906

Knows what a fatty is.
Hey y'all, I'm looking for anybody that might be interested in judgng a non-sanctioned BBQ contest in Little Rock on Oct 19th. We'd like to get a couple of folks that are KCBS certified to lend their experience to our tables for ribs and chicken.

If you know anyone that might be interested, please have them contact me:

seanconrad47@gmail.com

Thanks y'all
Sean

Hey y'all, I'm looking for anybody that might be interested in judgng a non-sanctioned BBQ contest in Little Rock on Oct 19th. We'd like to get a couple of folks that are KCBS certified to lend their experience to our tables for ribs and chicken.

If you know anyone that might be interested, please have them contact me:

seanconrad47@gmail.com

Thanks y'all
Sean

Without defining things like tenderness, etc. it might be mixing apples and oranges. It would be sad for someone to put their ribs (as an example) on one of the tables with a KCBS judge who is judging them to KCBS' definition when others prefer them another way. CBJ's judge to a standard, not personal preference.

No more sad than providing a table full of judges with no experience or training. We have experienced judges with rules and standards in place. I'm just asking if any of the CBJ's would be interested in lending a hand. Thanks for your input.

> No more sad than providing a table full of judges with no experience or training.

Absolutely, and this is the 90% of unsanctioned comps. I stopped competing in them a long time ago... Get one judge who likes the rib "bite through", two other want them falling off the bone, one wants them "pull cleanly from the bone with only slight resistance", and two more who want to have to gnaw the meat off... Makes for a tough day to compete...

Back