Early candidates looking strong

lookd like a good slate so far. Hope we don't end up with 12-14 like it's been recently. I wish I hadn't accepted the nomination last year as I took a lot of votes from others who could maybe have made it otherwise. If you are thinking of running, look at these 4 names and ask yourself if you still want to run.

Good luck to all who run!

For the rest of us - VOTE!!! If you don't know who to vote for - EDUCATE yourself so that you can make an educated selection! This isn't just a popularity contest people, this is for the future of our sport! (at least for the next year) IF you don't vote you have no room to b!tch about ANYTHING the BOD does!!!

Jeff Stith http://www.facebook.com/JeffKCBS

Dave TheBBQguy Compton http://www.bbqcritic.com/6/post/2011/10/ok-im-running.html

George Mullins http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001122139697

And Myself http://www.facebook.com/SteveKCBS

I would like to publicly support Jeff, Dave and George. I think all three would make excellent Board members.

I agree with you on that one, Steve. Need new bodies and cookers on the BOD! This is the first I've heard about Jeff running. Thanks, Jeff, for letting me know!!!!

Bunny, sorry! The decision was only finalized on Friday and we were busy with the Golden City contest.

For the rest of us - VOTE!!! If you don't know who to vote for - EDUCATE yourself so that you can make an educated selection! This isn't just a popularity contest people, this is for the future of our sport! (at least for the next year) IF you don't vote you have no room to b!tch about ANYTHING the BOD does!!!

Absolutely!

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not asking for anyone to give me their vote. I'm just asking for the opportunity to earn it. I'll start putting my thoughts and goals out for scrutiny soon, with the majority coming out after the Jack. If you or anyone else has any questions or suggestions I'd love to hear them. I can't promise to always agree but I can promise to always listen and give every idea fair consideration.

Thank you all for your good wishes. If elected I'll do my best to open up KCBS and the BoD to the members. If any one has any comments or thoughts that you'd like to pass on to me, send me a PM & I'll get back as soon as I can.

THIS!!!! ^^^^^

In the last election less than 25% of the eligable voters voted!

Thank you all for your good wishes. If elected I'll do my best to open up KCBS and the BoD to the members. If any one has any comments or thoughts that you'd like to pass on to me, send me a PM & I'll get back as soon as I can.

THIS!!!! ^^^^^

In the last election less than 25% of the eligable voters voted!

That's close to 5% more than in the previous election when I ran. But you are correct--- still needs to be MUCH higher, especially given the simplicity with which it can be done.

How many spots are open? and How many does a person vote for this year?

I appreciate everyone who is running and giving their time for the betterment of BBQ. Personally one thing I would like to see from The Board in general is less "closed sessions". I am sure there are important things done discipline decisions or whatever but it sure seems that there are a LOT of "closed sessions" for a public organization

I only have one other issue but those decisions may have been made years ago, before I became a member so I would have no right saying anything on it, but I sure hope I hear it brought up by someone :pray:.

The CBJ vote is the question
I would encourage candidates who are cooks to
Work the Bullsheet and the web
I fell 167 votes short (Thank God) last year
largely due to not using the Bullsheet and not
being a Rep who travels Go get em Guys

In all seriousness this might be the year where the regional organization's BODs should consider endorsing a slate of KCBS candidates, particularly the east coast organizations. Between FBA, GBA, MABA, & NEBS that's a pretty good sized voting block.

The CBJ vote is the question

Maybe if we let them carry coolers into the voting booth?:boxing:
:becky::becky::becky::becky::becky::becky::becky:

You're right Thom, I would say that the majority of the KCBS membership are judges. And I also feel that the judges are vastly under-represented on the BoD. I feel that the "little guy" needs a voice on the BoD, no matter if he's a CBJ, a cook who does 3 or 4 comps a year or whatever.

Slamdunkpro, I was thinking that the judges want real food in the coolers, not the empty promises that we seem to get in most election years. That's one reason that Jeff, George, Steve and I are running - to put some real meat on those promises! :thumb:

• Thanks
Reactions: pat
Back