Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin

str8upcop04

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I would love to do a bacon wrapped/weaved pork loin this weekend, I'm thinking smoker temp around 225F, apple wood, pull at an internal of 140F, not sure if I should foil afterwards, doesn't make sense due to the fact of the bacon crispness would suffer? Any suggestions, tips, & tricks would be very appreciated....feedback please. I will incude some pron of the cook. Thanks in advance Brethren!

Last edited:
You could always go to 135 IT, pull it, then throw her on a hot grill to crisp the bacon.

pre-cook the bacon for a bit. The microwave :shock: is good for this. that way you stand a chance of the bacon being done and the pork not overcooked.

If I was gonna do this project, I'd cook it at 250-275 till internal temp of 120ish, than hit it hard with a reverse sear, till internal is around 140, and bacon is crispy. Then rest loosely tented under foil for 20-30 minutes before slicing.

If the bacon is starting to burn, and you haven't reached 140, you can always toss it back on the cool side of cooker till it does. I'd use the same method without the bacon wrap too.

Back