Reheating fatties

Jay871

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am making ten fatties for a bday party this friday. Due to time restraints I am smoking them on Wednesday. Anyone have any good ideas on how to reheat them for the party.

How do you want to reheat them? Oven? BBQ?

I have not tried this yet, but I would also like to figure out a solid method to reheat them as these are so popular and ez to do.

I would guess pulling them shortly before they are done with the initial cook, let em cool, wrap 'em, then reheat on the BBQ or oven (350 'ish) until you get an IT of 160.

I've never had to reheat one, because they are gone so fast. But this is an interesting question.........can you please post your experience afterwards? Thx and good luck with the cook!

Leave whole and place in pan with a lip. Add 1/8 cup apple juice and seal TIGHT with alum. Foil seal around lip. 225 degrees oven for 1 hr 15 min. Will bring back up to temp. Let rest 10 min. And slice.

Is it really going to save time cooking them early and reheating, since they cook so fast anyway? I understand you have to get your cooker ready - and that may be the "problem" - but actual cook time versus reheat time is not going to be that much different. Just a thought...

You could smoke them and wrap in foil. Then reheat in an oven, slice and serve.

Well I guess the big question is how do you plan on serving them?

It may sound like sacrilege, and granted, I've only made a couple of these, but I slice them into 1 - 1.5" slices, and give them about 30 - 45 seconds in my microwave on the re-heat setting. If the bacon softens too much, they go in a black iron skillet to crisp up. The outer layer of meat is pretty thin,and the inner layer is usually cream cheese, mushrooms and onions, so it really just takes seconds.

I like the leftovers with eggs in the morning, myself. Great start to the day.

Back