• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Ribs and Butcher paper

MaximumJEFF

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I do the standard method on spares. Smoke, foil, back on the smoke. But, I'm curious if any of you have ever wrapped your ribs in butcher paper for any part of the cooking process. I was thinking Smoke, foil, wrap. Or, just smoke and wrap.

What do you think? Pointless? Been there done that? Noone does it cause it's for dumbies?

Try it and report back I tend to cook my pig pops neked, Ya can't wash your feet with your boot on and ya can't smoke meat wrapped in foil.:wink:

For Gods Sake, how many Aluminum Trees have to die before we realize that BBQ needs to be wrapped in pink butchers paper?

Huh?:loco:

Actually I just made some really good spares this weekend and did the smoke, foil, smoke. Made some Shack Attack sauce and had a hard time stopping, but I want to try the butchers paper method because I think I can forgo the last smoke process. I have to order some butchers paper because my butcher is tired of giving out freebies for brisket.

I wrap sometimes not a lot this last weekend I did some loin backs on the Akorn I wasn't watching it and the temp ripped up to 450* before I put the ribs on and I wasn't waiting for it to come back down so I rolled with it came out good to the first pic makes them look dark. Done in around 2 hours I wrapped after first hour. Its like foil to keep the color and speed up the cook keeps a better bark too.

They weren't sauced just dirty d rub then grand champion.
20130118_202213.jpg

Left side
20130118_202538.jpg

Middle
20130118_202452.jpg

Right
20130118_202514.jpg

20130118_202444.jpg

I would hurt my self in a good way on a few of those pigpops

Back