The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Cooking Class cancersuckschicago.com 2nd Annual Cooking class/fundraiser (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96466)

Scottie 01-27-2011 12:08 PM

I do like wiz wit. Although, I like roast pork, provalone and broccoliraab (sp?) the best...

Man, I might have to make a detour to Philly on my way to Delaware...

slowerlowerbbq 01-27-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottie (Post 1527028)
I do like wiz wit. Although, I like roast pork, provalone and broccoliraab (sp?) the best...

Man, I might have to make a detour to Philly on my way to Delaware...

Ah yes, that would be called a Porkette(as we call it) or Porchetta, they are AWESOME! In fact, I just ate one for lunch...without the broccoli raab though. Coming to Delaware? I can point you to the best Porkette in the state.

Ioannoni's

Scottie 01-27-2011 12:49 PM

Well, I might have to give you some money to bring me 20 down to Middleton... ;) I'm not sure what I would eat on Saturday though...

Quote:

Originally Posted by stallardmark (Post 1527068)
Ah yes, that would be called a Porkette(as we call it) or Porchetta, they are AWESOME! In fact, I just ate one for lunch...without the broccoli raab though. Coming to Delaware? I can point you to the best Porkette in the state.

Ioannoni's

Scottie 01-27-2011 01:17 PM

Only one seat left for the BBQ class. It will be gone today...

Jorge 01-27-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottie (Post 1525630)
I am assuming like last year in Philly, everyone will be sending text pictures to Jorge of anything you eat. Especially Italian Beefs!!! I know it really made him feel like he was there with us... Minus the drool on the phone... Of course if anyone needs his cell phone to send the pictues, just let me know. He will appreciate it... :thumb:

Can't wait to see you:twisted:

Scottie 01-27-2011 01:34 PM

Uh oh...

figured you weren't monitoring this thread... :becky:

El Jefe in 2012!!!!

trueque 01-27-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spydermike72 (Post 1526790)
Is there a Friday night meet up ?

I am down for some Italian Beef's, it has been way to long!!

I am up for a Friday night meet up. It would be nice to meet more Brethren. I will be in the hotel bar after 8pm or so unless something else is organized. Seems like the best place to drink and not drive.

PM me to exchange contact info.

Scottie 01-27-2011 02:19 PM

for those that were trying to get a hold of me... I took a dump... My in-box is feeling much better, thank you...

Jorge 01-27-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottie (Post 1527126)
Uh oh...

figured you weren't monitoring this thread... :becky:

El Jefe in 2012!!!!

El Jeffie in 2012, Ci!:becky:

Scottie 01-27-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorge (Post 1527201)
El Jeffie in 2012, Ci!:becky:

That's funny... Probably wouldn't even take that much to recycle your button... Although, my girls are quite fond of wearing it, because it's Jorge's button... I'd hate to disappoint...

Jorge 01-27-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottie (Post 1527459)
That's funny... Probably wouldn't even take that much to recycle your button... Although, my girls are quite fond of wearing it, because it's Jorge's button... I'd hate to disappoint...

I think I can help them get over that issue:becky:

slowerlowerbbq 01-31-2011 01:01 PM

So uh...who ordered the storm of the century to hit Chicago right before this class? WTF??? I think we might have to seriously considering dumping our airline tix and driving the 14 hours. Would be better than sitting in Philly airport all day waiting for a flight out.

Ah well, nuff of my whining. Stay safe Scottie and all that are coming to the class, see ya on Saturday!

Cue's Your Daddy 01-31-2011 01:10 PM

Hope flights are ok. I am flying in Saturday morning. I thought i heard they are having a heat wave in chicago at end of week. mid 20's

Scottie 01-31-2011 01:13 PM

Come on guys.. This is Chicago, not New York.... :becky: We clear our snow. We've had mayors lose elections because of snow removal or lack thereof...

we'll be up to the 30's for the weekend. shorts weather!

Spydermike72 01-31-2011 02:06 PM

Yeah we can handle all of that snow up here in the Upper Midwest!! We are leaving Friday morning for the short 6 hour drive!!