The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Cooking Class cancersuckschicago.com 2nd Annual Cooking class/fundraiser (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96466)

---k--- 12-16-2010 04:48 PM

Hi Scott,

Impressive efforts. :thumb:

I don't have any interest in competing, but I am local and interested in learning. Do you think this would be a good class for someone just starting out, but not competing?

Thanks

Rich Parker 12-16-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ---k--- (Post 1485796)
Hi Scott,

Impressive efforts. :thumb:

I don't have any interest in competing, but I am local and interested in learning. Do you think this would be a good class for someone just starting out, but not competing?

Thanks

Absolutely!!

I attended last year and didn't have any interest competing either. I was so intrigued with competition BBQ after the class that i entered my first comp two months later. :becky::becky:

---k--- 12-16-2010 06:08 PM

You know, my wife would say that is a good reason NOT to take the class. :wink:

Scottie 12-17-2010 08:23 AM

Rich is being humble as well...

The first class we had backyarders,CBJ's and a former Chicago Bear. I had to stand on a parking stop so I felt more on his size... ;) honestly, these classes are what you want to get out of them. So would you have the opportunity to gain knowledge? My quick answer is yes.

Scottie

---k--- 12-20-2010 11:46 AM

Payment and application just sent. I'm looking forward to it.

Scottie 12-20-2010 11:50 AM

got it Ryan.

See you there!

Rich Parker 12-20-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottie (Post 1486208)
Rich is being humble as well...

The first class we had backyarders,CBJ's and a former Chicago Bear. I had to stand on a parking stop so I felt more on his size... ;) honestly, these classes are what you want to get out of them. So would you have the opportunity to gain knowledge? My quick answer is yes.

Scottie

You know i forgot about the former Chicago Bear. Have you heard from him or know if he is still cooking? He was a super nice guy.

Scottie 12-20-2010 04:41 PM

I still talk with Fred. He'll be competing in a year or so... Waiting for his kids to get a little older.

DMDon 12-21-2010 01:09 AM

Scottie, I will be sending mine in shortly. Is there anyone else from central Iowa attending? I would like to carpool over.

NRA4Life 12-21-2010 06:11 AM

Sent mine in last week. Looking forward to it.

pat 12-21-2010 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMDon (Post 1489703)
Scottie, I will be sending mine in shortly. Is there anyone else from central Iowa attending? I would like to carpool over.

Don I am going and will be carpooling with an "unnamed" brother so I would imagine we will have room for you if interested.

Scottie 12-21-2010 10:22 AM

There's a few signed up so far. Pat is on it sounds like.

DMDon 12-21-2010 01:11 PM

Yes, I am interested. Will I need to wear a blindfold or will the "unnamed" brother be in disguise to protect their indenty?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pat (Post 1489808)
Don I am going and will be carpooling with an "unnamed" brother so I would imagine we will have room for you if interested.

pat 12-21-2010 01:20 PM

The blindfold will work but you'll have to leave it on during class ;)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

crd26a 01-04-2011 08:01 PM

Top for a good cause, also, anyone coming in "early" Friday night? I'll be flying in from Dallas from a client and if there's interest in dinner out, I'll make sure I make it in early enough. Anyone?