The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Competition Class Dates, and Locations (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87743)

jketron 01-13-2013 06:12 PM

I'm taking Johnny's class in LA, can't wait :)

Big Poppa 01-29-2013 01:09 PM

Big Poppa Smokers Rod Gray Class!

here it is Rod's first west coast class! Limited to twenty seats and it is nearly full!
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps9248dd64.png

Theresa B 01-29-2013 07:34 PM

John-Jketron which class are you taking in NOLA?

Smoke on the Horizon 01-30-2013 11:10 AM

Trigg class Hammond LA 2-8/9th

Does anyone know when his class starts on Friday night.

Theresa B 01-30-2013 07:28 PM

Smoke on the Horizon....class starts at 6pm til about 10. Then he will start cooking at 2am all the way through. He said that anyone that wants to join him at 2 are welcome. I forget what time he said the class "officially" resumes on Sat morning. This is what he told me 3 weeks ago on a phone call.

Smoke on the Horizon 01-30-2013 07:50 PM

Theresa B, thanks looking forward to the class. See you Friday.

discosuperfly 01-30-2013 08:27 PM

Butcher BBQ Class - Springfield, MO

On February 8th and 9th 2013 in Springfield MO

More details here

Register Here

Or Call Ryan at Countryside BBQ Pro Shop for more info - 417-882-7997

Uncle Buds BBQ 01-31-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoke on the Horizon (Post 2348299)
Theresa B, thanks looking forward to the class. See you Friday.

Hey Smoke,

I think Theresa B is taking his class the following week Feb. 15/16 as I am.

We need to post a short review on what you thought of the class! I can't wait to go.

Smoke on the Horizon 01-31-2013 05:58 PM

Thanks Uncle Buds, I will post something about the class after I take it.

Theresa B 01-31-2013 06:41 PM

Dave- you're correct...see you there!

schmitty28 01-31-2013 10:26 PM

looking to take a class in a surrounding state close to Indiana looking to take my q to the next level and start competing any suggestions you can pm me

Scottie 02-06-2013 08:45 PM

I am having a class next weekend, in a suburb of Chicago. Half of the class fee is a tax deduction, as this class is raising money for cancer research

jketron 02-08-2013 11:22 AM

Theresa B, sorry I didn't see your post. I'm taking the Johnny Trigg class in NOLA. The class starts tonight.

Theresa B 02-08-2013 07:22 PM

John...can't wait to hear your review!

jketron 02-11-2013 01:32 PM

Folks, I'm back from the Johnny T class and l am VERY happy. The classroom was amazing. We were in a full on professional stage kitchen, multiple cameras with huge flat screens so the camera could show closeups. The kitchen space he worked on was HUGE with the mirrors above so you could have yet another angle. The classroom seating was fantastic with plenty of room for all the notes and food you will eat.

Ok so past the amazing atmosphere.... Johnny is an amazing teacher. He starts off the class on time and makes sure he covers all the questions we have as he is progressing. Any time someone needed more time on a topic he made sure to cover it again until each person understood. He would go over each topic indepth and also the part I really liked is that he would use his real life examples. Johnny's wife was amazing as well, you would see her moving all about in the background keeping everything moving along.

I'd love to sit here and share specifics of the class as many of you may want to hear....all I can say is that it was worth it. I walked away from that class with some incredible nuggets of knowledge. we covered everything... I meant everything..prep, trimming, injecting/not injecting, rubs, too much, too little, what order, no order.... I mean it all. What temp probes, when is it done.. What to take with you when you compete, what not do. I felt like a sponge and I'm still digesting my notes.

I promise you that after taking that class you will have taken with you several "ah-ha" moments. SOOOOOO that's how I should do it.

I highly recommend the class to anyone, you will not regret it.

I signed up to do Silverton, lets see how I do. I've take several classes, cooked more than I can count, made plenty of bad BBQ and some great BBQ too. Time to see what I can do in a competition of seasoned professionals.

I have one goal..well two, have fun and not be DAL

cmohr74 02-12-2013 06:32 AM

I want to make sure that everyone has an opportunity that wants one to check out what Rub Bagby and Swamp Boys BBQ has to offer to you. Class is coming up shortly and spots are limited.

Attachment 75771

Uncle Buds BBQ 02-12-2013 08:27 AM

John - Thanks for the review of Johnny Trigg. I will post my thoughts also after this weekend.

FirinUpTheFox 02-13-2013 08:48 AM

Firin' Up the Fox sponsors BBQ 101 & BBQ 102 - April 27 & 28

BBQ 101 on April 27 - Ribs & Chicken
BBQ 101 on April 28 - Brisket & Butts

Instructor will be Chris Marks from Three Little Pigs, an American Royal Champion. Use this class to take yourself from the backyard to our Amateur Competition on July 7th.

For more information - http://www.firinupthefox.com/Classes.html

Check us out on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/FirinUpTheFox

Dianne the Cookie 02-15-2013 11:44 PM

Not sure I like the format of this forum. It's a little confusing. I've used it before I published my first book, but guess I'll get used to it. Ya'll are such pros. lol

Uncle Buds BBQ 02-17-2013 07:15 PM

As John stated above Johnny Trigg's class was awesome!

He basically did the four KCBS meats from prep to cooking to presentation.

Told some stories about Pitmasters and gave us a bunch of goodies.

Glad I went!!!

And that's all there is..."Right thar"

Theresa B 02-19-2013 07:12 PM

Smoking Triggers BBQ class review...

Arrived at the site (awesome culinary supply store) about an hour before the class started. Had a few moments to talk to Johnny and reintroduce ourselves. We got there early so we could get good seats...front row just to the left of center. The classroom was a fully equipped teaching kitchen...overhead mirrors, video cams and flat screens. We enjoyed a fabulous shrimp gumbo dinner including rice, salad, rolls and drinks. Deffinately putting their best foot forward. The evening went on and we talked about brisket and butt...he prepped both meats and seasoned them as if for a competition. We were provided with snacks during the evening, M&M's, mini Hersheys bars, Gardetto's snack mix...and fresh baked King cakes that were indescribably delicious and fresh New Orleans coffee! Class ended for the evening around 9:45. We went back to the hotel and slept (sort of) for 4 hrs and returned to the site at 3am (even though he said class would resume at 7:30) as he was prepping the fire. Around 3:45 he put both pork & brisket on. He went through prepping chicken & ribs. At 8am we were served an amazing breakfast...scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, bisquits and THE BEST grits! Johnny resumed class and went through chicken & ribs, seasonings and tips & tricks. The remainder of the afternoon we spent tasting BBQ from the Godfather. We had plenty of time for questions and pics through out the entire day. This was an A1 class act. The details were very obviously taken care of and it showed. If you have the opportunity to attend his class...DO IT! Trish was amazing and so very welcomming and personable. She was a crack up through out the day. She demoed how to make boxes and really kept Johnny on his toes. It was a blast!

Smokin' Gnome BBQ 02-22-2013 07:11 AM

I copied this from the competition bbq thread. looks like this could be fun!

Hi BBQ'rs! Here's the official announcement that DIVA Q is coming to the Mid-Atlantic to teach a FULL DISCLOSURE, NO HOLDS BARRED, SECRETS REVEALED, HANDS-ON....etc. Pitmaster class on April 5th!

First the details:
DIVA Q PITMASTER CLASS
FRIDAY, APRIL 5, 2013
GREENCASTLE, PA 17225
COST: $300.00
FULL-DISCLOSURE
HOSTED BY: MASON-DIXON BBQ SERVICES

We are limiting the class to 30 (Have three already before we announced! Only 27 spots left!) and she is spilling her guts. Techniques, rubs, sauces, trimming, competition timeline, when to go to the bathroom, when to have beer vs. hard liquor....EVERYTHING!

You can find more info including the app at www.gonakedbbq.com or at www.mdbbqservices.com. And stay for the Go Naked Competition on Saturday....what the hell you're there already!

J&B'sBBQ 03-19-2013 06:34 PM

I would love to find one in my area! We have Myron's class not too far away and Lang does classes as well, but my hubby and I both want to go and we cannot afford either of those for both of us. If anyone knows of others in and around GA, please let me know!

Q Moon 03-20-2013 09:02 PM

Competition Class Dates, and Locations

Holy Smokes BBQ team does a back yard class, and I believe they're from Dublin. It's very reasonably priced. Also I believe they offer Competition class DVDs on their website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MASON-DIXON BBQ 03-26-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin' Gnome BBQ (Post 2378358)

Hi BBQ'rs! Here's the official announcement that DIVA Q is coming to the Mid-Atlantic to teach a FULL DISCLOSURE, NO HOLDS BARRED, SECRETS REVEALED, HANDS-ON....etc. Pitmaster class on April 5th!

First the details:
DIVA Q PITMASTER CLASS
FRIDAY, APRIL 5, 2013
GREENCASTLE, PA 17225
FULL-DISCLOSURE

We are limiting the class to 30 (Have three already before we announced! Only 27 spots left!) and she is spilling her guts. Techniques, rubs, sauces, trimming, competition timeline, when to go to the bathroom, when to have beer vs. hard liquor....EVERYTHING!

You can find more info including the app at www.gonakedbbq.com or at www.mdbbqservices.com. And stay for the Go Naked Competition on Saturday....what the hell you're there already!

Still have a few spots left in the DIVA Q Class on April 5th at our place in Greencastle, PA. Taking applications through Tuesday. Having a meet and greet Thursday evening and then start BBQ class early Friday a.m. HEATED TENT! Stupid snow in spring....visit www.gonakedbbq.com or www.mdbbqservices.com for more info! Don't miss out!

holysmokes 03-28-2013 10:03 PM

Thanks for passing this information on. We will be doing a class on April 20th here in Dublin. The cost is 200. We will be starting at 8 am. We will prep and cook all 4 KCBS meat categories as well as pork loin for GBA. We will be teaching some technique and basic flavor profiles. ITs gonna be a lotta fun.

Ps.No DVDs That is Darian with Kosmos Q

SmokeInDaEye 04-05-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin' Gnome BBQ (Post 2378358)

First the details:
DIVA Q PITMASTER CLASS
FRIDAY, APRIL 5, 2013
GREENCASTLE, PA 17225
FULL-DISCLOSURE

How many people are signed up?

FirinUpTheFox 04-12-2013 09:26 AM

St. Charles, Illinois BBQ 101 & 102 Classes - a few spots left

There are a few spots left in our BBQ 101 and 102 classes.

Classes are held 10:00-2:30 at April 27 & 28 at Charlestown Mall in St. Charles and taught by 8 time American Royal Champion Chris Marks.

101 covers Ribs and Chicken
102 covers Brisket and Butts

Questions - info@firinupthefox.com

bjgamez 06-24-2013 12:25 AM

Where can I find out where and when Johnny Trigg is teaching a class?

DanB 09-17-2013 04:26 PM

Cooking Classes

Hi All I was just wondering IF there are any cooking classes in New Jersey. Looking for mainly ribs n brisket.
Thanks Dan

RAIDERKEVINBBQ 09-24-2013 11:23 AM

:clap:

luv2lafmcc 10-22-2013 06:24 PM

iQue / Chris Hart Class

1 Attachment(s)
Im new here, and trying to get my post count up so I can view and participate. There sure is a lot of security on this forum! Makes it hard(er) for us newbies to jump in and get involved.

I recently attended a cooking demonstration hosted by Chris Hart. I just wanted to post some of my impressions in case someone here was considering it.

DO IT!

It was an excellent experience for me. I was anxious that it would be an investment that wouldn't have yielded any significant tips, tricks or outright "how to really do it"... Boy was i wrong.

Chris's 2 day class is run just like a competition cook. It allows you to see the timing and structure required. Its in a setting that allows up close and personal observations and questions. Chris kept it interesting and fun, while packing it with not only how to do it, but teaching us the WHY to do it.

In retrospect, the cost of the class, was not just worth it, it was a downright bargain. I was surprised to hear that one of the attendee's was on his 2ed class with Chris. Having taken the class a few years earlier, I can appreciate that because Chris's class is his honest to goodness "competition cook" technique, which evolves and changes. Taking it again in a year or 2 might be on my to do list.

I would post a link to his twitter account (which is where i heard about his class schedule), but i cant yet... find him at WickedGoodBBQ on twitter and online.

Attached is a shot of the chicken i prepared following the class. Complete success! Next weekend...RIBS!

Spydermike72 10-30-2013 12:23 PM

Any classes coming up during the offseason ??

71-South 11-11-2013 01:17 PM

Yeah, what Mike said. Listening...

Scottie 12-04-2013 07:38 PM

The cancersuckschicago.com/QUAU class will be February 15-16th , just outside of Chicago. 100% of the proceeds goes to help fight cancer. I started a thread below.

PigTamer 12-10-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottie (Post 2718632)
The cancersuckschicago.com/QUAU class will be February 15-16th , just outside of Chicago. 100% of the proceeds goes to help fight cancer. I started a thread below.

I mailed my application today....very excited!

Smokin' Joe 12-11-2013 02:46 PM

Corn Fed Cookin' is back for 2014! We have scheduled a class in St. Ansgar Iowa on March 21st/22nd. Please see our websites for details!

www.tippycanoebbq.com
www.bigtzbbq.com

mikerobes 12-24-2013 03:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This looks like a great class

mikerobes 12-24-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikerobes (Post 2741456)
This looks like a great class

SOUTHERN Q SMOKERS ULTIMATE BBQ SCHOOL
Learn recipes, techniques & cook styles from three of the “Top 15” KCBS
Teams as they come together as one and release all the secrets. This
class will be instructed by Scott Smith from Que’n, Stew’n & Brew’n;
Barry Johnson from Swiggin’ Pig and Jim Burg from Killer B’s. Each
of these teams are members of the 700 Club and have multiple 180
scores and a combined Grand Championship total of 22 in 2013 alone!
Cost is ONLY $1,000 per person.
Contact us today for more information on this class!
Columbia, South Carolina Area (January 31- February 1, 2014)
Atlanta, Georgia Area (February 14-15, 2014)
Nashville, Tennessee Area (February 28- March 1, 2014)
Barry Johnson
Swiggin’ Pig
(615) 476-3939
Jim Burg
Killer B’s
(706) 306-9890
Scott Smith
Que’n, Stew’n & Brew’n
(770)

HDBBQ 01-03-2014 08:26 PM

Here is a Swamp Boys BBQ class out here in the Mountain west region coming in July.. This will be a great chance for people out on the west coast and Mountain west regions to learn from a great cook and teacher. Sign ups are now open. Seating is limited.. and a first come first serve basis..

http://www.swampboys.com/wordpress/w...ss-Poster1.jpg

Rub 01-09-2014 09:58 PM

In addition to the class above in UT, I also have one scheduled for here in central FL the first weekend in March. Here s the flier for it, and a link to the application.

http://www.swampboys.com/wordpress/w...n-Clermont.pdf

http://www.swampboys.com/wordpress/w...-March-141.jpg

BruceB 01-23-2014 02:01 PM

Warren County Pork Choppers Class - Michigan

The GLBBQA is proud to announce that Donny and Tracy Bray of Warren County Pork Choppers is heading north to come teach his "Tell All" BBQ Class!!! Donny will give you his all, it is more than just rubs and sauces, it is his mental fortitude on how to go for the win!! You will learn when your meat is truly done, and how to get the most out of your products that you turn in. Don't miss the team that finished with the second highest points total in the history of the KCBS's Team of the Year. Below is all the info you will need, also head over to GLBBQA.com and you can purchase raffle tickets at $25 each or 5 for $100 for a free seat to the class!! So if you sign up then win the raffle we will refund your money!!

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m.../WCPCClass.jpg

Date: February 22nd and 23rd, 2014

Cost: $750 per student, an additional $100 for spouses

Class beginning at 3pm on Saturday and wrapping up around 3pm on Sunday

3600 E. Cork St. Ct., Kalamazoo, MI 49001
269-385-3922 discounted reservations will be available after 1/23/14

A dinner buffet will be served on Saturday night with the following: Tossed salad, rolls & butter, Chicken Marsala, Roast Beef,Tilapia, Mashed Potatoes with gravy, and Chefs choice of vegetable.

A breakfast buffet will be served on Sunday morning with the following: Bacon, sausage, eggs, toast, biscuits and gravy, and fruit.

Rooms will be discounted to $89 plus tax for Friday(if people want to come in then) and Saturday nights.

***Please go to TheBBQSuperstore.com to pay for the class

***Please go to GLBBQA.com to purchase your chance at a free seat for the class!! The drawing will be held on February 7th.

2 Bones BBQ 02-16-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottie (Post 2718632)

Thanks again Scottie! The class was awesome and eye opening!:shocked: Well worth it.
-Tony T

hedge 02-18-2014 02:44 PM

Are there any classes run in MN or WI?

glenntm 07-29-2014 08:05 AM

I.A.B. 30 BBQ's first hands on 2-day competition style class @ BBQ Island’s Scottsdale Location

I.A.B. 30 BBQ, a competition team out of Arizona, has traveled the county and competed in over 15 states since entering the BBQ scene in 2009. During that time they have won Grand Championships in Arizona, California, Texas, and Florida. They have a proven track record competing against many of the top teams in the nation. In the last 3 years I.A.B. 30 BBQ has won 8 GC’s, 14 RGC’s, 2 Perfect “180” scores, and numerous individual and overall top ten awards. They have ranked in the top 25 teams in the nation under the KCBS standing for chicken, ribs, pork, brisket and “overall”. As a result of their cooking accomplishments they have qualified to compete at The American Royal Invitational/Open, Jack Daniels World Championships, Sam’s Club National Finals, King Of The Smoker Invitational, and the Colorado Rockies BBQ Invitational.

Join I.A.B. 30 BBQ for their first hands on 2-day competition style class @ BBQ Island’s brand new location in Scottsdale.

During the class you will learn meat selection, meat aging, trimming, injections, marinades, brines, rubs, pit temperatures, fire management, wood/fuel selection, final meat temperatures, sauce selections and KCBS box building. I.A.B. 30 BBQ will discuss the techniques of cooking on vertical smokers, cabinet style, off set stick burners, and WSM’s. All questions will be answered. The class will teach techniques to allow the cook to achieve consistent, repeatable results each and every time.
The class will be run just like a competition. Friday we’ll cover meat trimming, injecting, rubbing and preparation. Saturday will be box building, pit temps, time schedules, final box building, and presentation.

Drinks and snacks will be provided on Friday and all meats will be available for sampling on Saturday.

The class is limited to 25 participants.

http://www.bbqislandinc.com/iab-30-bbq-class.html

BBQ Island Scottsdale, AZ
Friday August 22 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday August 23 8:00am – 2:00pm or when ever all the questions are answered

JerryA 10-20-2014 12:11 PM

We're putting on 2 classes this December. The classes will cover all our secret recipes and techniques.

December 6th, 2014 - NorCal Class in Sunnyvale, CA
December 20th, 2014 - SoCal Class in Riverside, CA

App can be found at http://www.burninandlootinbbq.com/classes

DUBBAGA 10-20-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryA (Post 3078088)
We're putting on 2 classes this December. The classes will cover all our secret recipes and techniques.

December 6th, 2014 - NorCal Class in Sunnyvale, CA
December 20th, 2014 - SoCal Class in Riverside, CA

App can be found at http://www.burninandlootinbbq.com/classes

If anyone isn't familiar with Burnin and Lootin, here are some recent stats for you courtesy of http://bbqscores.com/team-results/?t...oningbody=kcbs

2014: GC = 2, RGC = 4, Top 10 Calls = 16
2013: GC = 2, RGC = 2, Top 10 Calls = 14, 180 in Pork

They were the CBBQA Rookie of the Year in 2012, and the #2 team in California for 2013

Personally, those sound like the type of credentials that make for a winning class !!!! :clap2:

Scottie 10-28-2014 07:13 AM

The cancersuckschicago.com BBQ class Wil be February14-15th, 2015 in Hinsdale, IL. Instructors this year will include QUAU and will also include Rich Parker from iBQ'n and Vince and Alexa from Rhythm N Que. This class is a fundraiser for our foundation. The profits from the class will go to fight cancer. Half of the class fee will be a tax deductible donation for tax purposes. The instructors, who are top cooks in all of BBQ, are donating their time for this class. The applications and more information will be released shortly. Because we are doing it through our 501c3, I have to wait on receiving checks. (It will be on our 2015 books and I don't want to hold checks for an extended period.) We will have limited seating because of space limitations.

Hope to see folks there.

Cancer Sucks!

HistoricRichmondTown 01-26-2015 01:10 PM

Responding to the Brethren

The KCBS-sanctioned, NYC BBQ Cookoff is now allowing up to six team members without additional fees. We heard the suggestion and are happy to make that change.

Spydermike72 01-27-2015 01:23 PM

The GLBBQA is pleased to present
Competition BBQ 101

We have asked the best of the best to help us present this class. The 4 instructors are all in the Top 10 of the GLBBQA TOY Point Race. This will be a 4 meat class; each instructor will walk you through every step of their process from selection at the store to how to present it in a turn in box.

Here is our lineup:

Chicken – Matt Janose Big Brothers BBQ : 7th Place Chicken 2014 GLBBQA TOY

Ribs – Mark Rasmussen – smokingaces@thebbqsuperstore.com: 3rd Place Ribs GLBBQA TOY

Pork – Mike Robinson - Smokin in the D: 11th Place Pork GLBBQA TOY

Brisket– Rich Parker - ibqn@thebbqsuperstore.com: 1st Place Brisket GLBBQA TOY

Class will be held Four Point Sheraton Kalamazoo
3600 East Cork Street Court.
Kalamazoo, MI 49001

DateMarch 28th

Time8:00am – 4:00pm.

GLBBQA Member: $100.00 (Spouse $50.00)
Non-Member : $125.00 (Spouse $75.00)
Cost includes breakfast and lunch will consist of the food cooked onsite

We are looking into room discounts and will post that info as soon as we get it.

The Application can be found here: http://www.glbbqa.com/?p=707