The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   MAK Group Buy (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279141)

Prneum 03-03-2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4279157)
Just spoke with Caleb from MAK Grills. At this point we have 9 Brethren that have joined the MAK family :) If anyone else is sitting on the fence, ya might want to give Caleb a call before this opportunity disappears. No pressure whatsoever as this really is a significant investment. That said, this is also a rare opportunity if you are at all in the market for a premium pellet grill.

That is really cool! The opportunity was really worth it for me and I'm sure the other eight Brethren too.

jstrand 03-03-2020 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4279174)
Been there done that... lol.

ďGreat progress has been made and itís coming along nicely.Ē

ďWonít be much longer.Ē

MAK Grills is known to stay tight lipped til the unveiling of a new product. I really think they enjoy the torture aspect of it. Kinda messed up, eh?!?! [emoji37]

Best I can tell, the wait is ďalmostĒ over... but Iíve been saying that for what seems like 3 years... [emoji849]

Pretty sure it has been 3 years! I feel bad for all those people that have wanted to purchase one.
The MiniMak is the Chupacabra of pellet grills! :laugh:

Baychilla 03-03-2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstrand (Post 4279213)
Pretty sure it has been 3 years! I feel bad for all those people that have wanted to purchase one.
The MiniMak is the Chupacabra of pellet grills! :laugh:

It sneaks around in the dark of night and drains your chickens/goats of all their blood?

jstrand 03-03-2020 04:17 PM

:laugh:
More like heard of but never seen.

4ever3 03-03-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4279174)
Been there done that... lol.

ďGreat progress has been made and itís coming along nicely.Ē

ďWonít be much longer.Ē

MAK Grills is known to stay tight lipped til the unveiling of a new product. I really think they enjoy the torture aspect of it. Kinda messed up, eh?!?! [emoji37]

Best I can tell, the wait is ďalmostĒ over... but Iíve been saying that for what seems like 3 years... [emoji849]


That wonít stop me from calling 11 or 9 times a day :mrgreen:

Well? Three Weberís listed, three Weberís sold, when the MAK gets here Iíll sell the GMG!

Dinner table conversation last night...

Me ďWell, three grills gone, and a new one on the way. When that one gets here and I get it running Iíll sell the GMG. Then when this kitchen remodel is done Iím going to build an offset and Iíll be done for a while...Ē

Mrs. 4ever3 ď(silent eye roll)Ē

I took that as a yes, the planning has begun!

rwalters 03-03-2020 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ever3 (Post 4279240)
That wonít stop me from calling 11 or 9 times a day :mrgreen:



Well? Three Weberís listed, three Weberís sold, when the MAK gets here Iíll sell the GMG!



Dinner table conversation last night...



Me ďWell, three grills gone, and a new one on the way. When that one gets here and I get it running Iíll sell the GMG. Then when this kitchen remodel is done Iím going to build an offset and Iíll be done for a while...Ē



Mrs. 4ever3 ď(silent eye roll)Ē



I took that as a yes, the planning has begun!



Solid plan!!

pjtexas1 03-03-2020 09:03 PM

Mine will be here Wednesday. I scheduled for Thursday delivery. Hopefully I'll have time to use this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rwalters 03-03-2020 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4279348)
Mine will be here Wednesday. I scheduled for Thursday delivery. Hopefully I'll have time to use this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


Awesome!! [emoji41]

Baychilla 03-03-2020 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4279348)
Mine will be here Wednesday. I scheduled for Thursday delivery. Hopefully I'll have time to use this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did you get a tracking number or just the LTL pickup confirmation when the grill was picked up in Oregon?

pjtexas1 03-03-2020 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baychilla (Post 4279354)
Did you get a tracking number or just the LTL pickup confirmation when the grill was picked up in Oregon?

Just the LTL when it was picked up in Oregon on the 28th. Then the call today (3rd) saying it would be in on the 4th. Work is crazy right now with another merger happening in 17 days. Hopefully I'm able to be home when it arrives on the 5th. Probably should have picked the 4th. [emoji3061]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Crispy Bacon 03-04-2020 05:34 AM

Big shoutout to @rwalters for helping out & doing most of the work with this! Appreciate all of his MAK knowledge & the countless questions he answered! & to @MAK grills who ultimately made this happen! Thanks to everyone who was able to get themselves a grill too! Cheers to the many upcoming cooks this Spring & Summer!!

Prneum 03-04-2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crispy Bacon (Post 4279417)
Big shoutout to @rwalters for helping out & doing most of the work with this! Appreciate all of his MAK knowledge & the countless questions he answered! & to @MAK grills who ultimately made this happen! Thanks to everyone who was able to get themselves a grill too! Cheers to the many upcoming cooks this Spring & Summer!!

Couldn't have said it better! This thread is what pushed me off the fence to purchase one and I can't thank you guys enough. Looking forward smoking great food!

rwalters 03-04-2020 10:50 AM

MAK Group Buy
 
This thread, IMO, has been a blast to watch unfold. Itís not over yet. Anyone else considering, or close to joining the MAK family? Just curious [emoji4]. As previously mentioned, I have never seen MAK do something like this. If youíre in the market, nowís the time to stop dragging your heels... lol.

YSR 03-04-2020 12:44 PM

Spoke with Caleb this morning. I'm 80% there for a 2 star. Remaining 20% will be based on determining the true meaning of my wife's "go ahead" comment and the corresponding Risk/Reward analysis...

rwalters 03-04-2020 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YSR (Post 4279547)
Spoke with Caleb this morning. I'm 80% there for a 2 star. Remaining 20% will be based on determining the true meaning of my wife's "go ahead" comment and the corresponding Risk/Reward analysis...



lol [emoji23]

Only you can determine that [emoji2957]

KevinJ 03-04-2020 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YSR (Post 4279547)
Spoke with Caleb this morning. I'm 80% there for a 2 star. Remaining 20% will be based on determining the true meaning of my wife's "go ahead" comment and the corresponding Risk/Reward analysis...

Wish you good luck.

As soon as I get done paying the tax man I'm going layout why I want/need a new Functional Trainer for my home Gym. :roll:

4ever3 03-04-2020 02:31 PM

Just got the call from Fed Ex, the grill is in Denver and barring any weather delays it will be here Friday!

rwalters 03-04-2020 02:33 PM

MAK Group Buy
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinJ (Post 4279574)
Wish you good luck.



As soon as I get done paying the tax man I'm going layout why I want/need a new Functional Trainer for my home Gym. :roll:


Rapid fire purchases! Glad Iím not your wife, Iíd be stressed. Guessing youíre glad Iím not your wife either... lol.

rwalters 03-04-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ever3 (Post 4279582)
Just got the call from Fed Ex, the grill is in Denver and barring any weather delays it will be here Friday!


Itís gettiní real buddy! [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

KevinJ 03-04-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4279583)
Rapid fire purchases! Glad Iím not your wife, Iíd be stressed. Guessing youíre glad Iím not your wife either... lol.

The piece of equipment I want to replace I purchased 19yrs ago so I've got my monies worth out of it. When I say I plan on cooking on the MAK for good 20yrs from now I mean it. :wink:

I won't probably get it until June and there will be enough pennies in the piggy bank to cover the purchase, plus it's a little less than half the price of the last Bike I bought so I got that going for me. :heh:

pjtexas1 03-04-2020 02:56 PM

YSR... that's more like 80% risk / 20% reward. [emoji3061]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

KevinJ 03-04-2020 03:02 PM

Looking forward to seeing some new MAKtion this weekend. :rockon:

YSR 03-04-2020 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4279591)
YSR... that's more like 80% risk / 20% reward. [emoji3061]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
and could turn into a "crime" and punishment ratio...

rwalters 03-04-2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinJ (Post 4279590)
The piece of equipment I want to replace I purchased 19yrs ago so I've got my monies worth out of it. When I say I plan on cooking on the MAK for good 20yrs from now I mean it. :wink:



I won't probably get it until June and there will be enough pennies in the piggy bank to cover the purchase, plus it's a little less than half the price of the last Bike I bought so I got that going for me. :heh:



Just messing with you buddy. I can tell you have a good head on your shoulders. Sooo, wanna get married?

4ever3 03-04-2020 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YSR (Post 4279547)
Spoke with Caleb this morning. I'm 80% there for a 2 star. Remaining 20% will be based on determining the true meaning of my wife's "go ahead" comment and the corresponding Risk/Reward analysis...

Dude... JUMP!!!


She said ďgo aheadĒ right?

pjtexas1 03-04-2020 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ever3 (Post 4279636)
Dude... JUMP!!!





She said ďgo aheadĒ right?

For some reason I'm picturing a Clint Eastwood scene...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

alias_rice 03-04-2020 05:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
For those of you still on the fence. Here is a little push for you.

Not sure why the pic is sideways. Oops

KevinJ 03-04-2020 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alias_rice (Post 4279639)
For those of you still on the fence. Here is a little push for you.

Not sure why the pic is sideways. Oops

Getting dirty. :thumb:

MAKtion!

Sparky9 03-04-2020 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alias_rice (Post 4279639)
For those of you still on the fence. Here is a little push for you.

Not sure why the pic is sideways. Oops

Ok, ya pushed me over the edge. Order for a 2 Star has been placed.

rwalters 03-04-2020 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alias_rice (Post 4279639)
For those of you still on the fence. Here is a little push for you.

Not sure why the pic is sideways. Oops



Love it!!! In addition to the pics, tell us what ya think about the quality of construction, the insanely tight tolerances you found during assembly, the brilliance in engineering, the programmability of the Pellet Boss controller... you know, just a few of those minor details... lol.

rwalters 03-04-2020 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky9 (Post 4279670)
Ok, ya pushed me over the edge. Order for a 2 Star has been placed.



Yes!!! Another warm welcome to the MAK family! Youíre new around here it appears, so hereís another warm welcome to the Brethren. Whatcha been cooking on up to this point?

pjtexas1 03-04-2020 07:51 PM

Does anybody know the rough dimensions of the box the 1 Star is shipped in? I need to make sure I have a big enough spot for it as I will only have time to sign for it and run.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4ever3 03-04-2020 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4279584)
Itís gettiní real buddy! [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Iím sittin at the end of the driveway with the pallet jack (withiní one of those kids would bring me a a cup of coffee!)

GrantAshton 03-04-2020 08:15 PM

My schedule freed up earlier than expected so I placed my 2 Star order today.

4ever3 03-04-2020 08:17 PM

MAKnation is growing y’all!

Sparky9 03-04-2020 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4279673)
Yes!!! Another warm welcome to the MAK family! Youíre new around here it appears, so hereís another warm welcome to the Brethren. Whatcha been cooking on up to this point?

Thanks for the welcome and the effort you put in to get the discount. I donít want to derail too much so I posted over in the Cattle Call.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...98#post4279698

Baychilla 03-04-2020 09:50 PM

This reminding me of the run on Lone Star Grillz from a year or two ago.

4ever3 03-06-2020 08:38 AM

https://i.postimg.cc/vTYnY7Wv/4-C2-D...E92-B42001.jpg

DANG I don’t wanna go back to work!

https://i.postimg.cc/rsfrKdj2/B74-D5...D99-D4-AD0.jpg

Baychilla 03-06-2020 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ever3 (Post 4280195)

I have a similar but different issue. My Mak is being held hostage by FredEx until Tuesday. I have a day off today. Sadly my days off don't include free use of a pickup truck otherwise I'd try to get the grill myself.

Now though you can look forward to doing more "work" after work unboxing it and setting it up.:mrgreen:

rwalters 03-06-2020 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ever3 (Post 4280195)



Why on earth would you do that to yourself?!?! Either close that box or call in sick ya big dummy... lol [emoji12]

4ever3 03-06-2020 08:51 AM

I don’t know Robb, I should have NEVER opened the box :doh:

rwalters 03-06-2020 09:41 AM

Rumor has it that there is less than a week left before the MAK Brethren deal goes bye-bye. If youíre on the fence, Iíd encourage you to make a final decision before itís to late. Are they expensive? Yup! Do you get what you pay for? Yup! Will you find a better deal than this in the future? Seriously doubt it. No pressure whatsoever, but now is a great time to pull the trigger if you are in the market for a premium pellet grill. Any other Brethren/Sistren ready to join the MAK family?

4ever3 03-06-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baychilla (Post 4280198)
I have a similar but different issue. My Mak is being held hostage by FredEx until Tuesday. I have a day off today. Sadly my days off don't include free use of a pickup truck otherwise I'd try to get the grill myself.

Now though you can look forward to doing more "work" after work unboxing it and setting it up.:mrgreen:



Duct tape it to the hood of the car!

LETS DO THIS THANG!

rwalters 03-06-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ever3 (Post 4280227)
Duct tape it to the hood of the car!



LETS DO THIS THANG!



Home Depot rents trucks by the hour... just sayiní [emoji6]

rwalters 03-06-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwalters (Post 4280234)
Home Depot rents trucks by the hour... just sayiní [emoji6]



Meant to respond to Baychilla. Oh well, heíll see it... lol.

Crispy Bacon 03-06-2020 10:58 AM

Awesome!! Congrats!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baychilla (Post 4280198)
I have a similar but different issue. My Mak is being held hostage by FredEx until Tuesday. I have a day off today. Sadly my days off don't include free use of a pickup truck otherwise I'd try to get the grill myself.

Now though you can look forward to doing more "work" after work unboxing it and setting it up.:mrgreen:


Crispy Bacon 03-06-2020 10:59 AM

Heck Yeah!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ever3 (Post 4280195)


Josh@MAK 03-06-2020 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjtexas1 (Post 4279681)
Does anybody know the rough dimensions of the box the 1 Star is shipped in? I need to make sure I have a big enough spot for it as I will only have time to sign for it and run.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

48x30x35

Shadowdog500 03-06-2020 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ever3 (Post 4280195)

Congratulations!! :clap2::thumb:

Are you going to start a new thread on the startup and the first cook?

Make sure you donít post it in the smokefire thread by accident! :mrgreen:

4ever3 03-06-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowdog500 (Post 4280281)
Congratulations!! :clap2::thumb:

Are you going to start a new thread on the startup and the first cook?

Make sure you donít post it in the smokefire thread by accident! :mrgreen:

Sure!

:laugh::laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.