Smokin On the Big creek Thank you

Just Pulin' Pork

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Jeff and Stan, all the sponsors and ALL THE VOLUNTEERS THANK YOU!

Thank you for an awesome contest, you guys worked your butts off! I pimp this contest because everyone involved understands how a contest is supposed to be run. We had a great time, met tons of new folks and will be back! Congrats to Pork Pulin Pork Ployboys for there historic 3 1st place calls in Chicken, Ribs, and Pork and there overall Grand Champion!

Jon
Pork Biatch for Sticks-N-Chicks BBQ team

Ditto on what Jon said, but want to add a big THANK YOU to Jeff for getting a great group of judges together and to all the judges for scores that were critical, consistent, but very fair (and IMHO spot on). While I may not have been happy with all the scores I received, the fault in these cases fell with the cooker. From the care you all gave in judging, it was very apparent you took as much pride in your job as we did. So thank you once again!

Oh, I also have to give a shout out to all the Brethren who came out to support Jeff and this contest.

This was one of the best contests I have attended. Despite the large number of teams the contest still had a "local" feel to it and the staff was awesome! Thanks again. Huge congrats to all who walked!!!

Agreed, this event will be on our must do list for years to come. Great job guys!! Thanks for all the hardwork that went into this event to make it great:clap2:

Thank you for all the kind words. It's a chitload of work that will start back up again about October but so totally worth it! It's definitely a labor of love.

Jeff, Tammy, Stan, Amy, and everyone else who made it possible... you guys are awesome. A top notch contest every year.

Kcass BBQ and Ribs for Her Pleasure were the last ones to leave the site. We were just having too good of a time to leave. Thanks, Jeff, Tammy, and Stan and Amy and all the volunteers. It was grand. Congrats to you, Plowboys! What a showing!!!!:clap2::clap2:

Rich and Bunny

First place in *3* categories!?!?!?! Congratulations, Todd and crew!!!! And, yes, I agree that this competition still had a local feel to it. Ditto the above comments, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would agree but I don't want Stan and Jeff's heads to get to big.....:tongue: I only had a problem with the Moo Cow guys...nothing but trouble...

Just Kidding!!! It was a great weekend and I am ready to send in my entry for next year.

This comp is the example to evaluate all other comps for the season. We didn't want for anything and had regular drive-by's to check in with us way in the back. Cart service for turn-in's were spot on and everyone was very friendly. Great Job!

As everyone else said, awesome job Jeff and Stan and all the other volunteers! The weather couldn't have been better and so many great friends there helped tremendously.

I know it's a huge amount of work for you, Jeff - but this is definitely the best contest to be a judge at all year long. If only every other organizer would go to the efforts that you and your team do to ensure an outstanding event each year, well, it would be a different world.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Back