Bacon laced yard bird rubbed mango & grilled chipotle sauced chicken breast w/pron

got14u

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Did a quick couple chicken breast tonight laced with bacon. I used some Yardbird rub and then glazed with a chipotle grilled mango sauce while they were on the grill. These are always a favorite of mine when it comes to chicken. No real fancy plating pics it was only me at home tonight. Here are the pics and thanks for lookin

Ready for the grill
DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

Just off before slicing down the middle

DSC_0009.jpg

and dinner is served

DSC_0010.jpg

this should be in every cookbook ever written. looks great! the title of this thread had me salivating before i even saw the pics

Oh, meant to ask, did the bacon get cooked in the middle? I would love to try this some day but the girlfriend hates soggy bacon. I have even gone away from wrapping fatties with bacon because the outside gets cooked but the under-bacon never catches up.

It cooks but doesn't get crusty in the middle. What ya do is cook the girl a plan old chicken breast then make 2 of these for yourself and see if she wants a bit...:becky:

I must say that is terrific looking:thumb: and I bet it tasted even better!!! Smoke on Brother!!!

It cooks but doesn't get crusty in the middle. What ya do is cook the girl a plan old chicken breast then make 2 of these for yourself and see if she wants a bit...:becky:

Instead of using raw bacon, lace a partially cooked piece through the Chicken.

I like it they way they are, but I don;t think it would help to do what you are talking about anyways to get "crispy" bacon in the center..the chicken keeps it moist. It would also be very hard to lace some cooked bacon through a piece of chicken
Instead of using raw bacon, lace a partially cooked piece through the Chicken.

I like it they way they are, but I don;t think it would help to do what you are talking about anyways to get "crispy" bacon in the center..the chicken keeps it moist. It would also be very hard to lace some cooked bacon through a piece of chicken

I was thinking about a piece that was slightly cooked and still could be threaded thru the needle.

Oh I understood ya....I may try that on one the next time I do these. I just don't think it will get crisp if ya know what I mean

Just a thought, you could get it crisper if you cut it in half before cooking it.

DSC_0010.jpg

I think I love every word in your title.. :-D
The chicken looks great!! I imagine the flavor was to die for...thanks for posting!

the title does have a ring to it...and they were great even with the sub-par chicken I started with
I think I love every word in your title.. :-D
The chicken looks great!! I imagine the flavor was to die for...thanks for posting!

that looks like it would be real good....and as the saying goes, I got to get cooking...if I am ever going to give all of these great ideas a try.

Back