The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Oakridge BBQ’s spice rubs kinda Hard to find? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108781)

PaddyKC 06-14-2011 05:12 PM

Oakridge BBQ’s spice rubs kinda Hard to find?

I called the first to stores listed on the Oakridge BBQ’s spice rubs website list of retailers by me in Kansas City;
McGonigle's Meat Market
1307 W 79th St
Kansas City, MO 64114
816-444-4720

Pryde's of Old Westport
115 Westport Rd
Kansas City, MO 64111
816-531-5588
What's Up?
neither one has any of there products? anywhere I can get Oakridge Rub in KC without driving 30 miles to get it?

ssbbqguy 06-14-2011 05:22 PM

I would suggest calling Mike and asking. I'm sure it's something simple. Good stuff. Good luck. Steve.

BBQ Bandit 06-14-2011 05:25 PM

Yup, the CEO of Oakridge rubs is a member here - KCMike... he'll set the record straight for you.

PaddyKC 06-14-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssbbqguy (Post 1674297)
I would suggest calling Mike and asking. I'm sure it's something simple. Good stuff. Good luck. Steve.

Thanks Steve, When you click on contact us on there website you get bulk shipping info no Phone number or email Addy? So that might be easier said then done....

ssbbqguy 06-14-2011 05:53 PM

I thought I had his number around here someplace, but not popping up. If Mike doesn't see this tonight, you might call the KCBS office tommorow. There is a special meeting there tonight, might try to see if someone answers. Steve.

PaddyKC 06-14-2011 08:35 PM

I'm doing ribs for a buddy party Saturday and I was going to try some of oakridge rub after read alot of great things about it. I will probably go with Yardbird if I can't find it.

FamilyManBBQ 06-14-2011 10:17 PM

I guess time is a bit short...

FWIW I ordered some on a thursday and it was delivered on Monday...

kcmike 06-14-2011 11:41 PM

Sorry I missed this. We just finished cleaning up dinner (grilled chicken and plenty of fixen's). Both McGonigle's and Prydes has our stuff. It's possible you got a hold of folks at both places that just didn't know. (Shrug) Before you use any of that Plowboy's stuff, I'll drive anywhere in the metro tomorrow to meet you to bring you what you need. Just let me know.

I'll send you a PM too...

Thanks,
Mike

PaddyKC 06-14-2011 11:50 PM

Wow thanks Mike, that would be great! I live in Westport by the Ace Hardware. I'll send you a PM with all my info.

PaddyKC 06-15-2011 03:54 PM

kcmike is The Man!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcmike (Post 1674657)
Sorry I missed this. We just finished cleaning up dinner (grilled chicken and plenty of fixen's). Both McGonigle's and Prydes has our stuff. It's possible you got a hold of folks at both places that just didn't know. (Shrug) Before you use any of that Plowboy's stuff, I'll drive anywhere in the metro tomorrow to meet you to bring you what you need. Just let me know.

I'll send you a PM too...

Thanks,
Mike

Kcmike drove me down Some Secret Weapon for my Ribs this Weekend! Man the little taste I took was amazing! Can't wait to try it!!http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...y/a519aaf4.jpg

Just Pulin' Pork 06-15-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaddyKC (Post 1675302)
Kcmike drove me down Some Secret Weapon for my Ribs this Weekend! Man the little taste I took was amazing! Can't wait to try it!!http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...y/a519aaf4.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering where I could find some. Mike donated a CHIT load of rubs for the "Operation BBQ Relief for Joplin" and we used what he sent on Ribs and Pork, and man those was some damn good stuff. BTW thanks to everyone who donated to that great cause!

deguerre 06-15-2011 04:26 PM

Glad you found it!
And I was gonna say you can't find it probably because you're in KC and it's Comp season. :becky:

kcmike 06-15-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaddyKC (Post 1674315)
Thanks Steve, When you click on contact us on there website you get bulk shipping info no Phone number or email Addy? So that might be easier said then done....

It was nice to meet you today. Sorry for the confusion on the web site, but if you look just below the first paragraph on the "Contact Us" page you'll find a big email link to click on that says "Contact Us"... :becky:

Mike

kcmike 06-15-2011 08:02 PM

Also, it dawned on me why Prydes and McGonigles said they didn't have our stuff is because you were looking for bulk and they only carry our small retail size. You can always order our standard bulk sizes directly from our website and any other custom amounts by contacting us directly.

Thanks!
Mike

mykz26 06-15-2011 09:16 PM

Hey kcmike can you drive me some to California. I'll throw in an extra 5 bucks.