The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   blues hog (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27875)

Bill-Chicago 06-06-2007 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoDeDo (Post 406864)
A friend of mine is doing some printing (t-shirts, etc)for these folks. Alice, dropped me off some of thier sauce. Very interesting. They are selling it at Dean & Deluca in Leawood, KS for $9-12/bottle.... and can't keep it in. D&D is a very high end deli - so expect to pay 3-4 less per bottle when it hits the grocery store, is what I heard :lol: I think D&D is where Jeff (Big Creek) first found his awardwinning muscavado sugar, right Jeff? Who knew a lil deli would be on the cutting edge of BBQ ..... :cool:

LMAO

A high end deli in Kansas City

Too much

Plowboy 06-06-2007 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoDeDo (Post 406864)
A friend of mine is doing some printing (t-shirts, etc)for these folks. Alice, dropped me off some of thier sauce. Very interesting. They are selling it at Dean & Deluca in Leawood, KS for $9-12/bottle.... and can't keep it in. D&D is a very high end deli - so expect to pay 3-4 less per bottle when it hits the grocery store, is what I heard :lol: I think D&D is where Jeff (Big Creek) first found his awardwinning muscavado sugar, right Jeff? Who knew a lil deli would be on the cutting edge of BBQ ..... :cool:

They are at Smoke N Fire, too. SNF turned me down. Didn't want no Plowboys on their shelves. :sad:

tonto1117 06-06-2007 09:03 AM

I will be traveling next week to MO and will be near the Clinton area as well as KC and St Louis. Was wondering if anyone knows where I can pick up some Blues Hog sauce in the gallon sizes. Prefeably not to difficult to find, or too far off the main hwy (will be traveling in a 37ft motorhome with smoker in tow)Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Plowboy 06-06-2007 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonto1117 (Post 406907)
I will be traveling next week to MO and will be near the Clinton area as well as KC and St Louis. Was wondering if anyone knows where I can pick up some Blues Hog sauce in the gallon sizes. Prefeably not to difficult to find, or too far off the main hwy (will be traveling in a 37ft motorhome with smoker in tow)Any help or advice would be appreciated.

What hiways are you traveling? I-70?

tonto1117 06-06-2007 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 406921)
What hiways are you traveling? I-70?

Yep, I-70 mostly and also MO-7 South From Independence to Clinton.

BTW, I Pm'd you last week and haven't heard back....almost out of my Yardbird rub:eusa_clap Should I just drop a check in the mail with a note???....let me know.

Thanks,
Theresa

chuckswagonbbq 06-06-2007 12:32 PM

I have bought sauce from Hawgeyes. Never had a problem. I met bill in Philly in 2002. Nicest guy you will ever meet.

qman 06-06-2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willkat98 (Post 406867)
LMAO

A high end deli in Kansas City

Too much

Boys, I done heard tell that there is one of them Dean And Duluca deli things in Neeww Yoorrk City:lol:

Plowboy 06-06-2007 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonto1117 (Post 406947)
Yep, I-70 mostly and also MO-7 South From Independence to Clinton.

BTW, I Pm'd you last week and haven't heard back....almost out of my Yardbird rub:eusa_clap Should I just drop a check in the mail with a note???....let me know.

Thanks,
Theresa

PM sent. I've got a place for you on your route where you can get Plowboys, Blues Hog, TheSlabs, and others.

KC_Bobby 06-06-2007 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n-2-que (Post 406416)
anyone been to Hawgeye's storefront? i might just stop by there this coming weekend on way to des moines for the bbqlosa just wondering if they got alot to check out there.

yep - get your landscaping materials while you're there

Decent amount of sauces and rubs to choose from.

Bill-Chicago 06-06-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qman (Post 407095)
Boys, I done heard tell that there is one of them Dean And Duluca deli things in Neeww Yoorrk City:lol:

New York has a City?

Cool!

KC_Bobby 06-06-2007 01:24 PM

Gotta find me that secret spot near Lake Lotawanna. Help finding this super secret location would be much appreciated.

Plowboy 06-06-2007 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Bobby (Post 407132)
Gotta find me that secret spot near Lake Lotawanna. Help finding this super secret location would be much appreciated.

Tom's Meat Market otherwise known as R&R Meat Market. Slabs, Plowboys, and Blues Hog cheaper than ANYPLACE in KC. Tell Randy Goss behind the meat counter that Todd from Plowboys BBQ sent you. :wink:

Also, I got some awesome spares and pork from them for Platte City contest. $1.99 spares.

backyardchef 06-06-2007 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willkat98 (Post 407114)
New York has a City?

Cool!

We call it a city, but it still has a small town feel.....here's the view from my office
http://www.nycgovparks.org/sub_thing...th_century.jpg

It just looks bigger on tv......if you know what I mean. :wink:

Bill-Chicago 06-06-2007 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backyardchef (Post 407151)
We call it a city, but it still has a small town feel.....here's the view from my office
http://www.nycgovparks.org/sub_thing...th_century.jpg

It just looks bigger on tv......if you know what I mean. :wink:

What is a Tv?

The_Kapn 06-06-2007 02:44 PM

I had to double check to see if this was still a Q-Talk thread.

YEP--So, BOT.

I have tried Blues Hog and thought it was quite tasty.

TIM