The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brethren Road Trips (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   3 days in Pittsburgh, PA (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270803)

Pyle's BBQ 04-03-2019 09:48 PM

3 days in Pittsburgh, PA
 
Going to a conference in Pittsburgh, PA next week. I'll be downtown. Is there anything I should try?

sliding_billy 04-04-2019 02:34 AM

Primanti Bros. of course! The location in Market Square is downtown (I like this location since it is more like a diner than others besides the original, and I used to work in the city), and the original in the Strip District is right next to downtown.

https://primantibros.com/locations/market-square

AussieMatt 04-04-2019 07:33 AM

If you're into Thai food, Nicki's Thai Kitchen is our favourite. There's one downtown, one on the north side and one in north hills.

Beer/Meat/Victory 04-04-2019 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyle's BBQ (Post 4159474)
Going to a conference in Pittsburgh, PA next week. I'll be downtown. Is there anything I should try?

Guacho Argentina in the Strip - likely would be a wait
Bae Bae's kitchen - Downtown, Korean (my go to lunch when I eat out - I work at the Pittsburgh convention center and Bae Baes is a short walk)
Nicky's Thai
Meat and Potatoes

Primanti's is just ok. Better late night meal after one too many, than as a destination. Plenty of good breweries close by as well if you are into craft beer.

Pyle's BBQ 04-06-2019 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beer/Meat/Victory (Post 4159558)
Guacho Argentina in the Strip - likely would be a wait
Bae Bae's kitchen - Downtown, Korean (my go to lunch when I eat out - I work at the Pittsburgh convention center and Bae Baes is a short walk)
Nicky's Thai
Meat and Potatoes

Primanti's is just ok. Better late night meal after one too many, than as a destination. Plenty of good breweries close by as well if you are into craft beer.


It looks like the conference I am attending is at the convention center. I am staying at the Omni. I'm not sure what my schedule will be like, but if you have time look me up, just to say hello.

Speeed 04-06-2019 10:07 PM

I'll throw a second in for Primanti Bros. (The original location)
Honestly, Its nothing earth shattering just a good ole fashioned Pittsburgh staple.
Definitely worth the experience.

frognot 04-07-2019 05:19 PM

Sent a PM to Gordon (Evil-g) who lives in Pittsburgh but his mailbox is full.

mstewart39 04-08-2019 12:04 PM

I was just there for a long weekend. I second "Meat and Potatoes". They have an amazing Pub Burger. Primanti's is what you're supposed to do. Do not get the Pitts-Burger. They claim it's their #2 seller. (And they "don't have" a #1 seller.) It's bland and really not that great. There are far better options.

Beer/Meat/Victory 04-09-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyle's BBQ (Post 4161060)
It looks like the conference I am attending is at the convention center. I am staying at the Omni. I'm not sure what my schedule will be like, but if you have time look me up, just to say hello.

I'm definitely in and out this week, so it might be hard to catch me unfortunately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstewart39 (Post 4161786)
I was just there for a long weekend. I second "Meat and Potatoes". They have an amazing Pub Burger. Primanti's is what you're supposed to do. Do not get the Pitts-Burger. They claim it's their #2 seller. (And they "don't have" a #1 seller.) It's bland and really not that great. There are far better options.

The number 1 best seller is Iron City beer....or thats what the employees are supposed to say when asked. Also, yeah most of their sandwiches are bland. I douse mine in hot sauce every time.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.