• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

cook for 50 to 60

Chef Country

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I know this has been asked many times but im cooking for my brothers wedding and im thinking brisket, pulled pork sammies, beans, and twice baked potato salad. I was thinking 20 lb of brisket raw and 20 lbs of pork butts raw. I wasnt sure on the amount on the sides. I will probly serve with potato chips also. thanks

With 40 pounds of raw meat, you should end up with enough for about 80 1/4# sammies. Depending upon how many of the guests are little kids, you may want to bump your starting weight up another 10 pounds or so to make sure you have plenty for 60 people who may go for seconds - just make sure you charge accordingly. Unless you have a server building the sandwiches, portions could get larger than you expect and some folks will go through the line more than once. I typically figure a gallon of a side dish for every 25 to 30 people and use smaller serving spoons. If there will be a few kids, throw in some hot dogs to help out with the picky eaters. Best of luck!!

do you like your brother? If so 4 or 5 butts and 3 large packers. Sides - at least 2 1/2 pans of each and I'd probably do 3.

Yeah this isnt a money making event, its my presant to them, thanks for the help! i will do 25 lb of each meat, i have a food saver for the extras. This may start off my cartering business, i got laid off a couple weeks ago and have been thinking hard about building a trailer and geting a license

2 #10 cans of beans for every 50 people (1 aluminum tray) For the potato salad, a little bit goes a long way here in CA but I know back your way folks take potato salad seriously.

Back