Shirley Fabrication builds and donates a pit to the BBQ for the Homeless and Veterans effort!!!

ButtBurner

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey gang

Some may be aware of my BBQ for the Homeless and Veterans cause. Diesel Dave and I started it late last year and its been growing since.

Paul Shirley (Tuscaloosa Q) saw my posts about it and gave a very generous donation of money to our first cook last fall.

To sum it up, I asked Phil for permission to post this thread.

Here was my PM to him

"Hi Phil.

My name is Brian Agee.

I want to ask for your permission to post a thread.

Its about Paul Shirley and his smokers.

He is building one for me

the reason I ask this is because I have started a effort, BBQ for the Homeless and Veterans here in Michigan

Diesel Dave is my right hand man, he told me that he has been in contact with you about our efforts. I very much appreciate you letting him ask for donations and the support that your site gives us.

This brings me to Paul...

He is donating a smoker to me. For some reason he has chosen me to be the recipient of this very generous gift. He has seen my threads about my BBQ for the Homeless and Veterans and felt compelled to help.

So what I would like to do is to start a thread about this pit he is building me.

I just want people to know what a special guy he is and to show off his handiwork.

Yes, this is advertising and he did not ask me to do this. I just feel in my heart of hearts that its the right thing to do.

So please let me know if this is ok with you. He is building the pit right now and has sent me pics of the progress.

He has no idea that I am wanting to do this..

If this is out of line, I understand. I used to be a moderator in a very large fishing forum and I know the power that a forum like this possesses and the value of advertising, so I will not be offended if you do not want me to do this

thanks Phil"

Phil graciously said it was fine to start a thread of the build, so this is what I am doing!

So in the following posts I will walk you through were we are with this build.

Its a 57 X 24 cabinet model with Pauls special warmer/cooker box. The trailer and been reduced in size since I have limited storage space. This was all done custom for me, I am sure it will become a good seller for him for people with similar storage issues

Here are the first pics he sent me.

thanks for looking

Attachments

• IMG_1509.jpg
    IMG_1509.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 531
  • IMG_1510.jpg
    IMG_1510.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 531
  • IMG_1511.jpg
    IMG_1511.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 532
I am all for this post showcasing the generosity of Paul and also of the great work you and Diesel are doing. I don't own a Shirley pit and I am not planning on getting one anytime soon but the work Paul and his crew put out is amazing. This just adds to the greatness of his company. We all know how busy he is and how a greedy person can just sit there and keep taking orders and not give anything back. Class act that Paul. Really great stuff. Thanks for sharing and thank you for your great work with the homeless and veterans.

First, a big thanks to you, DieselDave and all the others that give so freely of themselves for such great causes. There are so many great examples it really makes me proud to be part of the Brethren.

And to Paul, Sharon & Tyler: y'all have demonstrated on numerous occasions what class acts you are; this is an over the top example of your generosity.

GOOD ON ALL Y'ALL,

Last edited:
thanks guys!!

Another event I am involved with is Walleyes For Warriors, we took out 240 vets on Fathers Day for a day of fishing Saginaw Bay.

Brethren Ebijack is also involved with it, as well as our BBQ for the Homeless and Vets group.

Here is a pic of my crew, I am in the back in the orange shirt.

Attachments

• 100_2511.jpg
    100_2511.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 474
First off my hat is off to Brian and Dave.... And even more so to each veteran and their families for a huge sacrifice each of them make... In the grand scheme of things what me and Tyler are doing is minuscule.... When we look at the big picture.... As i lay my head down at night.... No bombs are going off... I am comfortable.... And free to worship whom i choose... (God) i have these freedoms because our soldiers went before me and laid down their life.... And are still doing so today .... So that i may have the freedoms i have.. And i do not take it for granted.... I have never met Brian or Dave... But i know them by their giving spirit and hearts... So in a way .. Yes i do know them..... Men of great character....
When i saw what they were doing it was a no brainer for me.... Me and Tyler have been blessed with some talent and i wanted in some small way to say thanks to our vets... Their families... To Brian and Dave for the freedoms i have.... We do realize don' t we that we currently have men and women spilling blood... Minds.... And hearts on daily basis for us and others. Thank God for them and this country... My own brothers are all veterans and the youngest left blood on a battle field 10,000 miles away from home... But he was fortunate ..... I said all that to say this..... Thx to all vets.... We are enjoying the gravy yall made for us.......

Back