Best Smoked Jalapeno Recipes?

Gator BBQ

Got Wood.
Reaction score
I am doing a picnic on Sunday and wanted to throw some jalapenos on toward the end.

What are your favorite recipes? Other tips/tricks would be appreciated as well because it will be my first attempt.

Thanks in advance!

Funny little jalapeno story...for me anyway.

Took some right out of the freezer and tossed em on the cooker without doing anything to them. Served em on a plate next to the pulled pork. A little old lady asked what they were and she was told "smoked jalapenos". She replied that she liked peppers and put on one her sammich. She then starts hollaring they they are way too hot for her after taking a bite. I reminded her she had been told they were jalapenos.

My own personal recipe below... It's a take on ABTs

Dragon’s Balls

Yields: 24
Ingredients
6 Jalapenos
1 pack Mexican blend cheese
1 pack of hot Italian sausage
1 pack of regular bacon
24 toothpicks
Vegetable oil

Do This:
Preheat grill to 250 - 300.
Remove stems and hollow out jalapenos. Cut jalapeno length wise in half (if very large, then again into quarters.) Remove casing from sausage. Fill jalapeno quarters w/ small ball of sausage crumble. Top with pinch of cheese. Cut bacon strips in half. Wrap bacon around dragon ball and put toothpick through. Lightly drissle oil over all. Lightly coat with favorite rub or don’t, either way. Place on preheated grill and cook for 30 minutes - 1 hour (desired bacon doneness). Or smoke with apple wood for 30 minutes. Serve warm.

Now, I am no fire eater, but from time to time, I really like fire charred jalapenos, when you buy tacos or such from the trucks out here, they often offer these roasted and charred jalapenos with a little salt on them, they really are good with a richer meat like pork.

My advice is in this recent post #3.

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

You'll be glad you did. If I could make one suggestion; create something different! There are awesome ABT recipes on here for sure, but I'd see if you can't wow us with something (semi)original...something CRAZY! Do it..do it..

I am doing a picnic on Sunday and wanted to throw some jalapenos on toward the end.

What are your favorite recipes? Other tips/tricks would be appreciated as well because it will be my first attempt.

IMO, go simple. Folks who've had ABT before will dig right in. Those new to the deal, will love em. So it's a win-win deal for you.

Recipe?

jalapenos
Bacon
Cream Cheese
toothpicks

I usually grill a couple skewers of shrimp, then when they are done i put one shrimp and cream cheese inside a half of a jalapeno, wrap with bacon, sprinkle a rub (I use my grillin rub which is the 7 spice seasoning from Saltgrass steakhouse) and smoke until the bacon is crispy. I cook the shrimp first because raw shrimp touching the cream cheese kinda grosses me out. I've also done lobster tail instead of shrimp when I caught em on sale a few months ago for 5 bucks a tail.

Back