The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Brisket cherry being popped! (Pr0n) (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163133)

Titch 06-12-2013 03:30 PM

great looking brisket mate, well done.
it is a rich feed isn't it

OutlawSwine 06-12-2013 03:35 PM

Looks good from my view!

Paulie G. 06-12-2013 04:34 PM

Beautiful looking food my friend.

Grabnabber 06-12-2013 05:14 PM

Top marks on your first! :thumb:

westy 06-12-2013 05:24 PM

Well done sir!

:clap::clap2::cheer2::rockon::dancer::whoo::clap2:

buccaneer 06-12-2013 05:33 PM

Woot!
Just woke up, great start to the day!!
What do you experienced guys think of the juicyness factor?

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/...ps80422baf.jpg
I am thinking that it looks plenty moist, and that the fold idea worked well??
Opinions?
It is soft and tender, except for a nibble of some meat at the point junction which was a bit tough.
Is that how briskets are?

landarc 06-12-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmonkman (Post 2513234)
This looks awesome Buccs!!! Wish I could say my first attempt looked as good. I dare it tasted delish as well.

Brian

I soooo have a comment for this...must. leave. alone.

Nice brisket there Buccs, you got it done right. It is a lot easier to get the point off if you don't fold the brisket, but, well done anyways. It looks plenty juicy, right proper.

Will work for bbq 06-12-2013 06:10 PM

Your brisky looks fabulous, nice and juicy. I was wondering if your tie thingy was going to hold up as the brisket plumped during the cook and it did nicely. Very entertaining cook, maybe next time try some burnt ends from the point.

deguerre 06-12-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landarc (Post 2513700)

That's never stopped you before...then again, I'm fair game.:becky:

buccaneer 06-12-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulie G. (Post 2513634)
Beautiful looking food my friend.

Paulie.G!!
Long time no see, howzit hanging brother?
:bow:Thanks!

buccaneer 06-12-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landarc (Post 2513700)

Nice brisket there Buccs, you got it done right. It is a lot easier to get the point off if you don't fold the brisket, but, well done anyways. It looks plenty juicy, right proper.

:doh: I knew it would be, but I did it anyway.
I have to examine the next brisket a little further.
I just learned something else.
When there is sliced brisket in the fridge and you want breakfast, the porridge does not win.
Toast, brisket and horseradish!
:faint:

landarc 06-12-2013 06:41 PM

No, given brisket or porridge, I tend to go brisket every time.

SmokinAussie 06-12-2013 07:21 PM

Well, in one hit Buccs, you have solved the argument of "fat cap up or fat cap down". That in itself is an achievement. Nice little smoke ring running around it too. It does indeed look really moist on the slice, but how was itr really???

I'm interested to know as this is a grass fed brisky and I've still got 2 of them in the fridge to go on when I get all my ducks lined up.

As for the burnt ends for the point, the point is a little tougher and takes longer than the flat, jsut as you experienced. So, the point could get cubed up, sauced and seasoned, and go back on the smoker for another 2 hours or so while the flat is resting in the warm oven.

All in all, a damn fine job, I'm wondering if I'm gonny try and copy you on your first one!

Cheers!

Bill

buccaneer 06-12-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokinAussie (Post 2513786)
Well, in one hit Buccs, you have solved the argument of "fat cap up or fat cap down". That in itself is an achievement. Nice little smoke ring running around it too. It does indeed look really moist on the slice, but how was it really???
MOIST!:grin:

I'm interested to know as this is a grass fed brisky and I've still got 2 of them in the fridge to go on when I get all my ducks lined up.

As for the burnt ends for the point, the point is a little tougher and takes longer than the flat, just as you experienced. So, the point could get cubed up, sauced and seasoned, and go back on the smoker for another 2 hours or so while the flat is resting in the warm oven.

All in all, a damn fine job, I'm wondering if I'm gonny try and copy you on your first one!

Cheers!

Bill

Its moist, have no fear, but I am instinctively sure if you go over with this at a certain point it is going to get fibrous.
That will happen at a specific internal temperature, despite the myth held by so many that fat/liquid prevents drying out.
It doesn't, once the protein strands reach their max core temp for that specific meat, they dry out.
I am braced for the second brisket not being as successful, we will see.
I was willing to go too early because of this, as soon as most of it was probing effortlessly, off it came.
Just had some for breakfast, cold, after being bagged in the fridge.
Moist and tender, no problem!
Be confident.

I think they trim a little too aggressively, good for price but some more insulation wouldn't be a bad thing.

I am doing the trimming of fat on the point this morning, last night I kept thinking of using it in a braise of some sort, Mexican or even to do some Asian claypot dishes?
That is a very potent beefy meat, seems it could do way more than burnt ends.
Easy for me to say because Ive never eaten a burnt end, right?
:laugh:

nucornhusker 06-12-2013 07:39 PM

The juiciness looks dead on, Buccs. It looks better than most peoples' first I'd venture to guess.