Outdoor Kitchen/Woodfired Pizza Oven

Brauma

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
My winter project/goal for next Spring is to get my outdoor kitchen and patio built so we can enjoy the backyard. Check this out: I did some Googling on the subject of Outdoor Kitchens and found this article. http://www.popularmechanics.com/home_journal/home_improvement/2932991.html?page=1

It includes plans fo a woodfired pizza oven. Man this thing is the cats ass.
woodfiredpizzaovenpic.jpg

Here's a diagram:
woodfiredpizzaovendiagram.jpg

A quote from the article:
ALL FIRED UP
The most exciting trend in outdoor kitchen construction is the wood-fired pizza oven. These can be built on-site using fire-resistant brick and mortar, or they can be built from a kit that consists of a multi-piece manufactured masonry shell and other materials such as insulation. Kits make oven construction far more accessible to a DIY builder. Have a look at ovens at these Web sites: wildwoodovens.com and fogazzo.com.

Note that the oven drawing at left is a generalized view. These structures can be built different ways. Those who build them and cook with them have strong opinions about what is best. Given that, you will likely encounter widely different types of advice as you do preconstruction research.

Whats witha cats ass? I dont understand. Nice project its the dogs balls

Cats ass...dogs balls...not too sure what that means.

But man that plan is the squirrel's nuts.:lol: :lol:

butts said:
Cats ass...dogs balls...not too sure what that means.

But man that plan is the squirrel's nuts.:lol: :lol:

when BBQ'ed do they taste like chicken :?:

Dog balls are nasty. You (we) catch fish on squirrel nuts. Cats ass is, well, the cats ass.

I gots to build me one of those pizza ovens. Thats all there is to it.

Cats Ass as defined by the UrbanDictionary.com

Sledneck said:
Whats witha cats ass? I dont understand. Nice project its the dogs balls

Cats Ass- A person, thing or event held in high regard. From the meticulous treatment and devotional attention a feline bestowes upon its hindquarters. Not in wide usage.

You look that good and can cook too? Damn if you aint the Cats Ass!!

meticulous treatment, huh? That's what they call that?

ok back on topic... THat fireplace would rock in my back yard. how much does one of those run?

FatDaddy said:
ok back on topic... THat fireplace would rock in my back yard. how much does one of those run?

Im still trying to find out.

Has anyone here built an outdoor fireplace and/or stove like the ones pictured above? Im trying to set a budget for my outdoor kitchen project. I want to do a patio of pavers or stone and have a countertop that will be tiled with a sink and outdoor fridge and gasser built in. I want an area for my Dera and Weber that will be covered.

Ive already got water, electric and coax run to the area. And its close to my old septic line so I can tap into that for the drain for the sink.

And ideas on cost for a project like this? You can PM me if you like.
Thanks

How about this for an outdoor fireplace?
outdoorfireplace.jpg

I can't afford the oven, and divorce attorney no matter how cheap either ONE is!

I will shortly be finishing (I hope, finally) a 1600 sq ft patio/deck area.

Question:
Other than "decor" what practical advantage does one of these have over a traditional smoker/grill ?
Restated--"If I decided I wanted one, how would I justify it to the CFO (wife)?

I also understand "that is just what I want" as a reason :redface:

TIM

Practical Kapn? If it were practical to buy another 45 I'd never have one. You can always use another gun, or BBQ pit, or muscle car.

One of the first outdoor kitchen setups I ever saw had an outdoor fireplace at one end of the patio and they had an arbor style setup above the patio with vines growing on it. No real cover from the arbors; it was just for looks. But it was cool as chit.

So, since then Ive always pictured having a fireplace in my outdoor patio area. Since Ive seen these fireplaces with the pizza oven built in... man, I just gotta have one!! You know what I mean?! The only thing that'll stop me is $$$. Ive got some money set aside for this project and hopefully I can cover all I want.

Brauma said:
Practical Kapn? If it were practical to buy another 45 I'd never have one. You can always use another gun, or BBQ pit, or muscle car.

One of the first outdoor kitchen setups I ever saw had an outdoor fireplace at one end of the patio and they had an arbor style setup above the patio with vines growing on it. No real cover from the arbors; it was just for looks. But it was cool as chit.

So, since then Ive always pictured having a fireplace in my outdoor patio area. Since Ive seen these fireplaces with the pizza oven built in... man, I just gotta have one!! You know what I mean?! The only thing that'll stop me is $$$. Ive got some money set aside for this project and hopefully I can cover all I want.

Well said.

I take that as "I just want one".

Nothing wrong with that :lol:

TIM

FatDaddy said:
Cats Ass- A person, thing or event held in high regard. From the meticulous treatment and devotional attention a feline bestowes upon its hindquarters. Not in wide usage.

You look that good and can cook too? Damn if you aint the Cats Ass!!

Thanks for the definition FatDaddy. I may have to put this in my Sig line.

Thats the Cats Ass of definitions!!

Back