The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Menudo...........Updated with Pron (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149163)

BobBrisket 12-08-2012 05:22 PM

Menudo...........Updated with Pron

Not for everyone. We love it. You may not even know what it is. I'll show you tomorrow morning! Breakfast of Champions! That's all for now..........:biggrin1:

Don't farking say, "Ewww, no! Not for me! Never............." I guarantee after eating some of mine, you'd be a Menudo convert! :clap:

Bob

smokeyokie 12-08-2012 05:28 PM

Bob my mouth is watering right now!!! make sure to show the homemade tortillas and salsa!!!!

landarc 12-08-2012 05:31 PM

Ewww, no! Not for me! Never.............:twisted:

RevZiLLa 12-08-2012 05:39 PM

If you're talking about the boy band....NO! not for me ever

BobBrisket 12-08-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevZiLLa (Post 2291757)
If you're talking about the boy band....NO! not for me ever

The boy band had no real spice. None of em had any nutz either. This menudo packs more flavor, talent, and nutz than the boy band ever did. This stuff would put instant hair on Justin Dweeber's chest, I garontee!:mrgreen:

BobBrisket 12-08-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeyokie (Post 2291747)
Bob my mouth is watering right now!!! make sure to show the homemade tortillas and salsa!!!!

We roll with French rolls cut in half and then toasted with budder on the skillet. As for the salsa, sometimes I make some to add extra heat, this time I'm going with pepper flakes. LOTS of em in my bowl!:twisted: And then some chopped green onions and a squirt of lime!

smokeyokie 12-08-2012 06:01 PM

That still sounds awesome!!! alittle different twist, I look forward to some PrOn, I love me some menudo!!(not the band...LOL)

WineMaster 12-08-2012 06:02 PM

Nope, Not for me. Its a psych thing. Cant do authentic chorizo either. Love the taste, just cant do it. I hate that I cant.

BobBrisket 12-08-2012 06:05 PM

Tonight we be hanging out. Just boiled up a whole fryer cause I'm out of REAL broth. Mrs. Brisket will be making some of her famous chicken salad for dinner. Chicken salad sammiches. She will also be making some of her famous, mustardy, relishy deviled eggs.
We are drinking..............a leeettle bit! She also made some of her world renowned fruit salad. Life is good!:grin:

BobBrisket 12-08-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WineMaster (Post 2291776)
Nope, Not for me. Its a psych thing. Cant do authentic chorizo either. Love the taste, just cant do it. I hate that I cant.

Just close your eyes! Why not chorizo though? Not much different than all the ground up mystery stuff they put in hot dogs. Just has the color and chile in it.
Menudo is the "Hang Over" cure of all cures! I think it was an original commandment. Thou shall eat Menudo!

cowgirl 12-08-2012 06:20 PM

Many of my friends eat menudo and I've always been afraid to taste it. I would be willing to try yours Bob... Everything you make looks killer, I'm sure your menudo is too. :thumb:

also... I want to taste the part that DOESN'T put hair on my chest please. :mrgreen:

chriscw81 12-08-2012 06:24 PM

i loves me some mendo!!!

landarc 12-08-2012 06:34 PM

I thought drinking a weeee bit the night before Menudo eating was a requirement.

BobBrisket 12-08-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowgirl (Post 2291790)
Many of my friends eat menudo and I've always been afraid to taste it. I would be willing to try yours Bob... Everything you make looks killer, I'm sure your menudo is too. :thumb:

also... I want to taste the part that DOESN'T put hair on my chest please. :mrgreen:

Now, if I make the SUPER spicy version, it can be used as a hair remover as well!:twisted:

I think the big thing about menudo is not so much the tripe itself, but the texture and the "lining" of the tripe. On it's own it has no real flavor to it especially after the long boil to soften it up.

BobBrisket 12-08-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landarc (Post 2291802)
I thought drinking a weeee bit the night before Menudo eating was a requirement.

It is. That's why we are drinking. It can't be a hangover cure if we aren't hungover.:mrgreen: