Discussion Thread -> "Time to Loin Up!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Time to Loin Up!"

As chosen by Shagdog for winning the "Get Down With the Ground"! Throwdown.

Tenderloin_zpsbe0d2e97.jpg

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Shagdog said:
Time to Loin Up!

You may cook whatever you wish, using the "loin" or "tenderloin" cut of an animal. Please show your package label to prove that the cut your are using is indeed a loin. Sirloin is not acceptable.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 3/21 through Sunday 3/30.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 3/31

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
I've never entered a TD, but I always enjoy looking. It just so happens that yesterday I picked up a package of pork tenderloins when I grabbed a package of butts. This looks like one I may be able to enter! Hopefully I don't end up in the zero club.

Matt, we hope you will enter! We have a lot of fun here, and if you are looking for some photography tips, this is an excellent thread to check out:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96575

If for some reason you get a Zero, it is considered a great honor, so no worries! :thumb:

I am like 0-10+ in my attempt to enter the zero club...

I got an idea for this one. Been wanting to use the pepper jelly from Brother Dave and now...............in a TD :heh:

Guess I'll chime in also. Please consider this my entry into the "time to loin up!" throwdown

Started with a pork tenderloin

A small portion of venison loin

two venison tenderloins

A little teriyaki marinade

Everyone in the pool for a swim

On the grill with some asparagus

pork tenderloin sliced

venison sliced - please use this pic as my throwdown entry pic

and the plated pic - venison tenderloin & loin, pork tenderloin, grilled asparagus, mushroom risotto and a cheddar biscuit

It was quite tasty.
Thanks for looking

Back