UDS Lid

bigbeef24

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Where is the best place to pick up a lid for a 55 gallon drum? Does the lid have to be unlined and can you get it with a seal? If so, can the seal handle heat?

Thanks,
Bigbeef24

Big Pappa UDS

Where is the best place to pick up a lid for a 55 gallon drum? Does the lid have to be unlined and can you get it with a seal? If so, can the seal handle heat?

Thanks,
Bigbeef24

Big Pappa UDS

I have 3 that don't help you though. If you lived in tx I would hook you up! As for getting a lid with out a drum. I have no idea.

Never seen lids on their own.

My lid is lined, i never bothered(forgot) to take it off, no ill effects yet.

Lined drums come with a gasket in the lip, i took it out, doubt it would handle the heat in a favorable way, and im not about to try it out, either.

Im having problems with the lid I have now and its not creating a good seal. I get a little smoke coming from the lid. I found a lid on grainger.com but it has a gasket.
SKOLNIK Drum Cover, 1.2mm, White, Lined, With Gasket

Any thoughts or suggestions? Ive read through some of the thread mentioned but there is 708 pages.

Get a second drum and cut the bottom in the center of the rib and add a band on the inside of the smoker opening so there is a 1 " lip for it to slide over.

Hit up the local big box store and try to find a cheap 22.5" kettle and rip the lid off of it. Take measurements and a tape measure to the store to double check the lid size.

Or check craigslist for someone getting rid of an old 22.5" weber kettle and use the lid off that.

I found a BBQ Pro grill that the lid fits perfect on my UDS.

Th grill model number is: Sears item number: 16314; K-Mart item number: 680-02701244-2.

In the manual, it has the part number for the lid. It is: 200423N. The handle part number is: 220018N; the lid bracket is: 220002N; Lid vent assembly is: 220102N.

The is no part number for the "hardware pack" that has all the screws, washers (plastic and fiber washers).

I could not find the grill part number 16314 on Sears web site, but I'll bet you dimes to dollars that any of the BBQ PRO 22.5" grill lids will work.

I guess they do not stock the 16314 model and that's probably why I only paid $27.99 back in December for it. It was a close out item.

Anyone want to buy a brand new grill minus the lid? :rolleyes:

wallace

Back