The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   For the Board (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Should we have access to a podcast of KCBS meetings? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78073)

moocow 02-10-2010 09:28 AM

Should we have access to a podcast of KCBS meetings?

Please take a minuet to answer this question. Do you think we should have access to a podcast of the monthly KCBS meeting? Could you please leave feedback as to why or why not. Thanks!

Ford 02-10-2010 10:14 AM

I suggest we start a campaign to get the KCBS to do a poll about open meetings with webasct or podcat. Get wording and then put it out here and on other BOD's so people can cut and paste into an email with all the BOD addresses.

If you want to work on wording I'd be glad to help.

G$ 02-10-2010 10:47 AM

moocow, unfortunately the poll is flawed and a bit meaningless. Anyone could pop in here and vote, not just KCBS interested members.

Ford's idea is sound. Draft some language, and send it to the board from actual KCBS members. I'll bet the language already exists, given motions from previous board members.

moocow 02-10-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G$ (Post 1176170)
moocow, unfortunately the poll is flawed and a bit meaningless. Anyone could pop in here and vote, not just KCBS interested members.

Ford's idea is sound. Draft some language, and send it to the board from actual KCBS members. I'll bet the language already exists, given motions from previous board members.

I like that idea to. Just wanted to get a feel for what people were thinking. Not sure if people not interested in the KCBS board meetings would even be lurking around this area. I will work on something we can send out. Thanks!

Jacked UP BBQ 02-10-2010 11:37 AM

I say yes. We should be able to view or hear the meetings

tmcmaster 02-10-2010 01:39 PM

Is there another answer sronger than just yes?

I also think that we should maybe look into an online petition. I think they can be set up with editible text fields that are required, one of which could be your KCBS member number...

Merl 02-10-2010 02:43 PM

I put a motion on the agenda before to provide a pod cast of meetings. The "cook friendly" board members (and past member) voted it down.

Today I put the following motion on the agenda:

New Ideas

An number of members have asked that in addition to the telephone call in service currently provided for members, that KCBS provide a pod cast of ALL BOD meetings including Special Meetings.

I hereby move that all meetings be recorded and a pod cast be placed on the KCBS web site for review by members.

Merl Whitebook

moocow 02-10-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merl (Post 1176503)
I put a motion on the agenda before to provide a pod cast of meetings. The "cook friendly" board members (and past member) voted it down.

New Ideas

An number of members have asked that in addition to the telephone call in service currently provided for members, that KCBS provide a pod cast of ALL BOD meetings including Special Meetings.

I hereby move that all meetings be recorded and a pod cast be placed on the KCBS web site for review by members.

Merl Whitebook

Thank you Merl! I still suggest we send e-mails to the other board members.

G$ 02-10-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moocow (Post 1176528)
Thank you Merl! I still suggest we send e-mails to the other board members.

Agreed, because like he said, Merl's been down this road before. The Board needs to know (if) the membership wants this, and how important it isw to them.

Merl 02-10-2010 04:13 PM

A Board member has requested me to provide the names and e-mails of members who want the matter of pod cast put on the agenda.

OK Brethren, this is your time to write. You can find e-mails on the www.kcbs.us web site. I think there is also one button you can press to write the entire board at one time.

I am not going to send your names to the Board. I don't think that would be proper. I believe this is up to you, to express your point of view.

Thank you for your interest, and time.
Merl Whitebook
Speaking only for myself.

G$ 02-10-2010 04:21 PM

By logging in and navigating to the "About the Board" section (http://www.kcbs.us/about_board.php), you can click the link in the top right of the section and it will give you a mailto link for all the board member email addresses.

Scottie 02-10-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merl (Post 1176503)

New Ideas

Merl Whitebook

Is this for the March meeting or the "Special Meeting" that I read about on another Forum?

Boy, I hope the Board doesn't waiver. That can sure create a lot of headaches down the road for other contests wanting special treatment...

moocow 02-10-2010 04:50 PM

Here is a letter I think we should send to the Board. If you agree please copy and paste it in you email, enter your name and membership # at the bottom and send it on its way.
Here is a link to the KCBS website. Here you can sellesct e-mail the entire board
http://www.kcbs.us/about_board.php

Members of the Board,

Recently I have been hearing very negative things about KCBS and Its Board members. It seems a lot of members are not happy about the way business is being conducted. I am not saying these things are true or false, actually I am not even sure myself. I only know one half of the story. I propose we begin making our monthly Board meeting available on webcast/podcast. If not live than at least available within a few days. I fell this would help members understand some of the thing that are being discussed at the meetings. When people know other people might be listening they tend to do the right thing. Every Board member is entitled to there own opinion but sometimes its not your opinion that counts, its the thousands of members you represent. It is great that you can call into a meeting but many people like myself do not have tome to do this. I would much rather listen to it on my own time. I know this idea has been turned down before and I am wondering if the ones who voted this down could explain it to me. If we are able to conduct online elections then certainly we have the ability to offer a podcast. Also, could you please explain to me what happens in executive session. I understand we do not need to hear personnel issues but it seems to me as a paying member I have the right to know what is being discussed. I would like to think you in advance for reading my letter and considering my request.

sincerly, John Doe (member #)

Rookie'48 02-10-2010 05:01 PM

I sent this to the entire board:

It has come up again that the BoD meetings should be available to all members via podcast or some other means. I would like to say that I am in favor of this for a number of reasons, the main one being that, as members, no matter where we live, we should be able to see (or hear, as the case may be) what our elected representatives are doing on our behalf. I shall be watching to see how this turns out.

Thank you for your consideration,

Dave Compton
KCBS # 22569

BBQchef33 02-10-2010 05:15 PM

168 views, only 22 votes? WTF? c'mon folks! Vote in the poll.