The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   How many days a week do you Q? How much is too much? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174998)

Thespanishgrill 11-10-2013 09:31 AM

How many days a week do you Q? How much is too much?

Since I've recently taken to smoking or adding some smoke to whatever I'm bbqin. I've been using my egg, webber kettle or wsm 4+ times a week. Some friends that will remain nameless to protect the innocent say it's too much.
So I'm putting it to you all. How much is too much and how many days do you Q?

PS, I did make sausage and eggs this morning in the kitchen lol

Happy Sunday everyone

aawa 11-10-2013 09:35 AM

I typically use my Weber Kettles 3-4 times a week sometimes more.

There is no such thing as too much.

mwmac 11-10-2013 09:35 AM

When you start to develop a smoke ring, try backing off one day:laugh:

BobM 11-10-2013 09:37 AM

2 times a week, generally only on the weekends.

aawa 11-10-2013 09:47 AM

Also if said friend says you bbq/grill too much. Cut him/her off from having any of your dericious food you cook off your grill/pit. Lets see how fast he/she recants the statement that you do it too much.

Fwismoker 11-10-2013 09:55 AM

5 maybe...sometimes more

PappaOscar 11-10-2013 10:01 AM

As much as possible. Unless there is a charcoal shortage.

TSGlover 11-10-2013 10:05 AM

I grill at least 5 times a week. I don't have a smoker yet, but will soon. I would expect to smoke at least once a week.

tpope 11-10-2013 10:10 AM

Only on days that end in "y". :-D

Gore 11-10-2013 10:15 AM

I used to grill about 7 days a week, but I've probably cut that to about 4. I think when you're Q-ing more than 7 days a week, you're probably doing too much.

JazzyBadger 11-10-2013 10:19 AM

I don't think there's such a thing as too much unless your family takes issue with it. I used to BBQ/grill 7 days a week, but then my family got 'smoked out' for lack of a better term, and for the past year, year and a half I've cut it down to about once or twice a week for main meals.
That said I still do smoke my meat bones whenever I'm making them into a stock, and I grill a lot of veggies regardless of if I'm oven baking or sauteing the main dish.

Just be forewarned though, my family LOVED everything on the smoker or off the grill for about two years.. and then they all pulled a mutiny and told me to cut it back. Waaaaay back, because they were sick of it all.

Bludawg 11-10-2013 10:19 AM

3-4 minimum, this week it was a 12 lb packer, a whole chicken and I have a 4 lb chunk of Canadian bacon on now getting some smoke that is at 47 Deg IT.

aawa 11-10-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzybadger (Post 2688043)
I don't think there's such a thing as too much unless your family takes issue with it. I used to BBQ/grill 7 days a week, but then my family got 'smoked out' for lack of a better term, and for the past year, year and a half I've cut it down to about once or twice a week for main meals.
That said I still do smoke my meat bones whenever I'm making them into a stock, and I grill a lot of veggies regardless of if I'm oven baking or sauteing the main dish.

Just be forewarned though, my family LOVED everything on the smoker or off the grill for about two years.. and then they all pulled a mutiny and told me to cut it back. Waaaaay back, because they were sick of it all.

Sounds like you need to turn your old family in for a new family that appreciates something off the grill/smoker. :heh:

Fwismoker 11-10-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpope (Post 2688032)
Only on days that end in "y". :-D

That's a coincidence because i used to only drink on days that ended with "Y"

Diesel Dave 11-10-2013 10:34 AM

Me too Keith.

But to the OP, I use the smoker/cooker about 4-5 times a week. Unless I'm working insane amounts of hours