The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Potential CL score... (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148878)

Texas Turtle 12-04-2012 12:15 PM

He jumped on the $250 so we are getting together tomorrow to make the swap. I told him I wanted to see it out of the box and assembled in order to make sure it wasn't damaged and he said no problem. Don't know how he came by the things, but he has all sorts of stuff listed, from guitars and amps to Weber stuff to business equipment. Now I have to break it to my wife. Wonder how much I can get form my 18 with new grates and a freshly installed probe grommet.

bigsapper 12-04-2012 12:16 PM

Storage wars?

Bluesman 12-04-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Turtle (Post 2288330)
Don't know how he came by the things, but he has all sorts of stuff listed, from guitars and amps

Guitars and Amps............:shock::shock::shock:

Texas Turtle 12-05-2012 08:14 AM

Hopefully, we'll find out what he's got going on this afternoon, when I am supposed to go by and pick the thing up. Unfortunately, my wife says she is going to wrap the thing and put it next to the Christmas tree for me to open on Christmas morning since I always maintain I don't want any gifts. So it might not get used until New Year's day for the traditional pork loin and football game orgy. When I said I would sell the 18.5 to recoup some of the cost, she said I didn't need to, so I am now about to be up to five cookers on the patio, with the offset, two WSMs, barrel grill and steak cooker.

Bluebird 12-05-2012 09:28 AM

Can't have too many grills!

Texas Turtle 12-05-2012 08:04 PM

Picked it up today and just as advertised, it is NIB. We opened the box and pulled everything out and it was all shiny and still factory packed. The thing is HUGE! I didn't imagine that there would be that much difference between the 18 and the 22. He said he bought a whole pallet of mixed sizes from someplace on Amazon that were advertised as open boxes, damaged packaging, or store returns. He said that this was the last 22 he had, still has two 18s that he is asking $200 each for. We checked the fit of the body sections and it was perfect. He had a whole garage full of stuff like bicycles, dog kennels, patio furniture, etc. I asked him if he was making any money on these things and he said he was doing alright, mainly based on the volume. Anyway, I'm pretty happy at $250 for a brand new 22.5 WSM. Now to see if I can sell the old one to make up some of the cost.

davefan360 12-05-2012 11:45 PM

you will be able to sell the 18. maybe get your nice wife something for under the tree. I have a UDS and i think this winter I am going to build a 18in UDS. I will then have a mini, a 18 and a 22.

Bluebird 12-06-2012 04:02 AM

Great score!

daninnewjersey 12-06-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Turtle (Post 2289015)
When I said I would sell the 18.5 to recoup some of the cost, she said I didn't need to

Good woman right there.....