The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   thermapen (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66854)

Grumpy's Q 08-12-2009 04:15 PM

thermapen

My trusty Taylor instant read thermometer busted on me. Sad day. :cry: I think I'm going to change to a thermapen. Are there any deals to be had on a thermapen? Going rate on a new one is $ 99.00. Any information is much appreciated!

Mike

Northwoods Smoke 08-12-2009 04:16 PM

If you order direct, you can get the original version for $74.00 (and worth every penny).

It goes without saying that Black is the fastest and most accurate.

big brother smoke 08-12-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northwoods Smoke (Post 996734)
If you order direct, you can get the original version for $74.00 (and worth every penny).

It goes without saying that Black is the fastest and most accurate.

^^^^what he said, except the part about the color. :tongue:

Grumpy's Q 08-12-2009 04:21 PM

I didn't see the older models when I looked the other day. Do now!

Keller Steeler 08-12-2009 04:33 PM

Mike - call and ask if they have any refurbs. If not, I might give you a bargain on a trusty grey one because I have been looking for a good reason to buy the new water-resistant one. I have two right now - don't let your wife clean your thermopen without explicit directions not to submerse in fluid - we thought it was ruined so I ordered another one because I had a contest that weekend. Once it dried it was fine and has been working ever since.

KC_Bobby 08-12-2009 04:41 PM

This again?

thillin 08-12-2009 04:57 PM

I think Daydots carries them. But I think my last coupon expired

thillin 08-12-2009 04:59 PM

Does this fall under the one eggcessory gift?

Grumpy's Q 08-12-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thillin (Post 996770)
Does this fall under the one eggcessory gift?

pretty much :mrgreen:

Grumpy's Q 08-12-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keller Steeler (Post 996746)
Mike - call and ask if they have any refurbs. If not, I might give you a bargain on a trusty grey one because I have been looking for a good reason to buy the new water-resistant one. I have two right now - don't let your wife clean your thermopen without explicit directions not to submerse in fluid - we thought it was ruined so I ordered another one because I had a contest that weekend. Once it dried it was fine and has been working ever since.

I may have take you up on that! Thanks! :biggrin:

TOPS BBQ 08-12-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keller Steeler (Post 996746)

Ditto! Still haven't opened the new one.:mrgreen:

Norcoredneck 08-12-2009 07:25 PM

If you don't get the right COLOR you will be BLUE with envy, if you get my drift.

Yakfishingfool 08-12-2009 09:00 PM

You guys are nutz!!!

Westexbbq 08-12-2009 09:14 PM

Love the threads that pop up from time to time re thermopens.
There is nothing better than the feel and 'sperience but thermopens are a valuable tool/bullet in the bandolero when they are RAY-ED.

Phesant 08-12-2009 10:10 PM

And on this site there are so many misled individuals that don't see the LIGHT