One last rib poll. to sauce or not to sauce.

Do you sauce your ribs (backyard)

• Yes, sauce

Votes: 58 45.7%
  • no sauce, I go nekkid

Votes: 63 49.6%
  • cannot answer for fear of lasers

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Rib poll time. This one should be easy. In the backyard what is your go to way; sauce on ribs or no sauce. We all know the rules by now, indecisive answers will be laser beamed:laser: or hit with a ton of bricks:pile:

Last edited:
I do both. Sauce for competitions and when cooking for friends and family and no sauce when it's just my and my wife.

Oh good i was going through rib poll withdrawls. :p: Change the poll for home cooking ribs...we'll get a different result

I never sauced before, but I just sauced my last 2 batches and its a nice change.

I prefer nekkid I guess.

No sauce added to my ribs while cooking or served. Sauce on the table for those that want it. My kids like to dip the rib in sauce anyway, but they dont want it basted on the ribs.

Oh good i was going through rib poll withdrawls. :p: Change the poll for home cooking ribs...we'll get a different result

I did say backyard. I'm out of ideas for these so if I did another rib poll it would probably be; what should the next rib poll be?

I live in Memphis.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I like that.

For me it's rub and if I wanna change things up while eating there's some version of blues hog on the table for dipping.

Now, if I'm forced to eat my good friend's dad's ribs that he says the secret to his FAMOUS ribs is the spices he puts in the BOIL before throwing them on the gas grill......I'll bring some blues hog smoky mountain to "donate" as a finishing sauce on the grill.:heh::heh:

Can't think of any more rib questions besides whether if you cook them on their sides/vertical or lay them on the rack.

No option for both. I usually do 4 racks at a time. Sauce two and leave two naked. I like both.

Back