The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smokin On Big Creek Mar 30-31st Pleasant Hill, MO (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127588)

stan 03-05-2012 04:35 PM

Smokin On Big Creek Mar 30-31st Pleasant Hill, MO

Who is in? Right now we have 48 teams registered and 39 teams that have paid. As a reminder we pay back 100% minus the KCBS fees and online registration fees.

Go to www.CompBBQ.com and select Competitions to register. You can do it all online and pay at the end with paypal. The more teams registered the more the prize purse will be.

Right now we are over $7000 payout and it goes up every team that enters.

The best mid-west contest on March 30-31st! Save gas and come to our contest!

worthsmokin 03-05-2012 05:02 PM

Worth Hollar'n is in!

Smokin' Bad Habit 03-05-2012 08:49 PM

smokin bad is in!

Hot Grill on Grill Logan 03-05-2012 08:55 PM

Hot Grill on Grill Action is looking into this one, need to adjust a schedule but trying to make it.

Bigdog 03-05-2012 09:00 PM

For those who haven't been to this one yet, it has to be the friendliest contest anywhere. Great site, excellent organization and loaded with Brethren.:cool:

bover 03-05-2012 09:13 PM

After showing up on Friday night of this contest last year and walking around talking to the teams, I was dead set on either judging or competing this year. But then I went and knocked up the wife and she's due right around this time, so I'll have to put those plans on hold for a year.

Good luck to all!

HarleyEarl 03-05-2012 11:04 PM

Funny Farm BBQ's in for another year.

thenewguy 03-05-2012 11:21 PM

I sent an email over the weekend asking if spots were available but haven't heard back from anyone.

Rookie'48 03-05-2012 11:40 PM

You just know that I'll be there :grin:. Are we doing anything Thursday night?

HarleyEarl 03-05-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenewguy (Post 1969718)
I sent an email over the weekend asking if spots were available but haven't heard back from anyone.

At the beginning of this thread Stan said there were 48 teams registered so there should be at least 30 spots left. Don't take a lack of response personally - Stan was up to his neck coordinating three Operation BBQ Relief sites (Kansas, Illinois, and Indiana) this weekend and is still working on the Indiana site and Jeff was at the Illinois site this weekend and is currently in Indiana. Since the tornadoes started inflicting their wrath OBR has literally provided thousands of meals.

Just go the CompBBQ.com and sign up, you'll get instant notification you are in. Hope to see you there.

HarleyEarl 03-05-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rookie'48 (Post 1969733)
You just know that I'll be there :grin:. Are we doing anything Thursday night?

I'll be dropping my trailer off Thursday. Last year we all went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner - I think that's the plan again this year.

stan 03-06-2012 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenewguy (Post 1969718)

Sorry about that. Jeff is working the storms with Operation BBQ Relief and in those areas he is behind on emails because of limited cell service.

We have plenty of room right now. Go to www.compbbq.com to enter.

Bunny 03-06-2012 08:20 AM

Rich and I are disappinted we won't be there. After all, it's our hometown! But our son, Justin will be there...Ribs for Her Pleasure. Have fun everybody!:becky:

KCass BBQ

U2CANQUE 03-06-2012 08:23 AM

I just registered this morning, so no ultra Pit B mojo to Todd this year, now I just hope I can remember everything......wait, I had a hidden camera in the trailer last year:heh:....love the contest and the amount of service that the volunteers put into the event...

HarleyEarl 03-06-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunny (Post 1969924)
Rich and I are disappinted we won't be there. After all, it's our hometown! But our son, Justin will be there...Ribs for Her Pleasure. Have fun everybody!:becky:

KCass BBQ

It just wont be the same without you there Bunny. You'll be missed.