Contest Announcment New England Regional Chili Cook Off - May 7th

deez butts

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
May 7, 2011 will welcome Chili Cooks from across the country to Pleasant View 452 South Rd. Somers, CT as they compete for an opportunity to represent the New England Regional Chili Cook Off at the International Chili Society’s World Championships later this year.

Sanctioned and governed by the International Chili Society, cooks will compete in Red Chili, Chili Verde and Salsa categories. There will also be non-ICS categories for a Youth Division for kids under 18 years of age and People's Choice Chili.

Prizes:
Chili: 1st $1000, 2nd $500, 3rd $200
Chili Verde: 1st $500, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
Salsa: 1st $200, 2nd $100, 3rd $50

1st Place in Chili, Chili Verde and Salsa advance to The World Championship.

People’s Choice, Youth, Pepper eating TBD

Entry Fees:
Chili: $35 for ICS member, $85 for non-member
+1 gallon People’s choice chili
Chili Verde: $25 ICS member
Salsa: $20 ICS member

The event is open to the public from 11am to 4pm. Tasting kits will be sold at the gate for $5.00 and 2 canned goods per adult, kids under 5 and over 70 free. Event to benefit the Somers CT Fire Department. All canned goods will be donated to “Champs Place” a Somers, CT Food Shelf. Live local entertainment will take the stage. Food vendors and crafters will be on hand. A hot pepper eating contest will be sure to heat things up! DEFCON will have a "Death Match” wing eating contest! The American Red Cross will also be conducting a blood drive.

Whether you come to cook, sample the best chili in the world, or just watch, this will be a fun filled family day. Come out on May 7, 2011 and support the Somers Fire Department and Patriot Guard Riders CT.

For more information please contact Michael Freedman, Chairman of the New England Regional Chili Cook Off at madmike@chilict.com or go to www.chilict.com

You can sign up for the event here http://www.chilicookoff.com/Event/Event_Display.asp?EventID=2754

Made Mike sends his regards Chip. :-D

As of this morning we have 30 red, 29 salsa and 22 verde.

For those who asked the $85 non-member fee includes a year long membership to the ICS.

stop trying to get me to compete. i do bbq. ok and chili. still not doing it :boxing:

stop trying to get me to compete. i do bbq. ok and chili. still not doing it :boxing:

You know it's like my wife said "It's Pork Butt and Chicken Legs, not Chicken S**t!" :pound:

Back