Brisket and Pricing

HBMTN

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Just wondering what you are charging these days for brisket when selling concessions? My cost after accounting for rub, bun, meat is 2.19 for a 1/3 sandwich (brisket not cheap in my region). I have been using less mark up for brisket that pork because based on cost x 3 I would be at $6.57 a sandwich and am afraid I'd run people off at this price. I have been charging $5.95 and just wondered if others run in to the same with the cost of brisket?

Pulled pork would be 6 and brisket 7 if i was still vending.
If your brisket is good you can get whatever you ask.

What is the price of a good non-chain hamburger around there? They cost more around here than you are charging for a smoked brisket sandwich.

Last edited:
Hand out a sample of the brisket on a toothpick to people who are waiting in line and no will back away unless you don 't know what you are doing in the first place. We are well known now for the Texas style brisket up here in MN and people will walk past another vendor with porkchop on a stick and pulled pork to get the brisket. I think it's just that the Midwest has never gotten a chance to try brisket too much. Once they find out what you are serving tastes nothing roast beef you are golden. Give them a 1/4 cube sample and watch empty your warmer.

If you are preparing a quality briskit you should be able to obtain your needed margin. Good briskit is hard to pass up and that is a small price to pay to get your fix of something delicious like a well prepared briskit;)

Sent from my mobile cellular telephone using Tapatalk 2

While I am sure there is better brisket in the world we finish top 10 in brisket at 2/3rd of competitions we compete in the past 3 years. It's not a matter of people liking it, it's just in a rural area like this there is not much that would cost in the price range of $6.50-$7.50 for a sandwich and I just wonder mainly if they will pay that for a sandwich and what others charge. Thanks everyone for the input.

I get $8 for a brisket sandwich while vending, anywhere in the country, pork we charge $7. In my restaurant I get $9 for a brisket sandwich with fries/

Just wondering what you are charging these days for brisket when selling concessions? My cost after accounting for rub, bun, meat is 2.19 for a 1/3 sandwich (brisket not cheap in my region). I have been using less mark up for brisket that pork because based on cost x 3 I would be at $6.57 a sandwich and am afraid I'd run people off at this price. I have been charging $5.95 and just wondered if others run in to the same with the cost of brisket?

Are you making money? Are you selling out?

You could always turn it into a combo. Charge $2 more and throw in a bag of chips and a canned soft drink. That would yield ~$1.25 more profit.

Back