Coldest you've ran your mini in?

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Monday we're a high of -9 and low of -18 with 40-50 below windchill. The hottest cook i have is poultry which i go 350* on.... Any guesses if she'll make it?

I'm thinkin she will... I might use lump though.

On new years eve, I was trying to get a Big ole Viking Gas grill up to 250ish indirect to cook a prime rib. It was about -10 to -20F out without much wind. I was having trouble getting over 150, then my Maverick straight up quit on me. First it lost the LCD readout, then stopped sending the signal to the remote unit all together. After about 30 minutes inside it started working again.

I went with plan B and cooked in the oven until I was ready to reverse sear which I did out on the grill. I imagine with wind in those temps it will be tough to get too hot. But make sure you have a plan for temp monitoriing too!

Shouldnt be a problem.. Just load her up with fuel and have more on standby.. she will burn through it faster.

Shouldnt be a problem.. Just load her up with fuel and have more on standby.. she will burn through it faster.

agreed

I have found with my small uninsulated verticals they will get to temp, just use more fuel

Then what are you worried about :tsk:

You know with her coat on she'll treat ya right

Dude, it ain't going to make it.
... best thing to do on Monday is to explore Irish coffee recipes.

BTW Our forecast is just a few degrees colder than that.

You guys are nuts, I was in 15 degree weather one time. Not a happy camper.

Then what are you worried about :tsk:

You know with her coat on she'll treat ya right

I just don't know...that's dang cold to crank up and keep 350 with a cold chicken on there. All i know is that it's gonna pretty much be the ultimate test for the little girl. I'm gonna wait until the wind chill is at least 30 below before it goes on.

But she has a coat which should help tremendusly I'd think.

:shock: well that's scary.......I'm thinkin

Coldest for my mini? I'd say about 50F :wink:

I can vouch for the big brother for -50 ambient and colder no issues would think the mini would be fine as well. I may build one just to see :)

I can vouch for the big brother for -50 ambient and colder no issues would think the mini would be fine as well. I may build one just to see :)

It would get lots of those temps up there no doubt! I absolutely love that reflectix circle for it...so far it behaves like it's Summer time fuel usage.

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
No Way its gonna get to a cooking temp, let alone hold a cooking temp for the required amount of time. Sorry

Back