Steak on a Stick

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Staff member
Reaction score
Since Suds is making us wait for his creation, I thought I'd tease everyone as well.

Took out a rack of short ribs earlier in the week to thaw out. Trimmed them up a bit. Had a big hunk of really hard fat and lots of silverskin. The hard fat won't render, so just cut that stuff off, silverskin was really easy to remove this time around, sometimes it's a pain. The membrane on the backside also peeled right off this time, if it doesn't, don't worry about it.

zJfVoSeh.jpg

Coat of 407BBQ rub and into the FEC.

Oj3XR0Eh.jpg

About four hours in, it's getting there. At 163, few more hours to go...

YwcdcqKh.jpg

I can be a tease too... :biggrin1:

Andy,

Those are killer man! Back to back killer posts, you're on a roll my friend! Hey where you getting those? I go to RD but I have to but 20 Lbs at a time....

Thanks
Greg

Andy,

Those are killer man! Back to back killer posts, you're on a roll my friend! Hey where you getting those? I go to RD but I have to but 20 Lbs at a time....

Thanks
Greg

This was from a two pack from RD. I also get them from Tony's. Just ask the butcher, if they have cut ones out on display, the have full ones in back. Any Mexi-Mart probably has full racks in back.

This was from a two pack from RD. I also get them from Tony's. Just ask the butcher, if they have cut ones out on display, the have full ones in back. Any Mexi-Mart probably has full racks in back.

Never thought about that... Tony's is my place. Thanks Andy!!

One of these days I'm going to run across some of these and i'm going to try them. Hope I can do them justice like you do!

Looks great and I agree....I’d take beef ribs over brisket any day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Those look AMAZING!!!

Agreed, way better than brisket!

Back