pics of turn in trays

midnight

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I would love to see some pics of the trays everyone is turning in. I think that being able to see what others are doing will give you a better idea of how your own trays will do at contests. I would even love to see pics of the Everything Butt and Desert trays too.

Post em' if ya got em'

I will try to get some of mine scaned and posted too.

Phil has some pics posted.

Also, go to a competition and look around. Read the rules of the cometition so that you show up with the correct garnishes.

Not all cook offs require garnish. Some have only the meat with/without sauce but all go with the no pooling and no marking or shaping of the meat.

I have judged at the Minnesota in May contest for the last two years and have seen lots of turn in trays. Three or four months later you tend to forget what some of them looked like, so its nice to have pics to look at, you can also examine them longer and with greater detail (sometimes)

Just thought the pics might be helpful to someone thinking about doing a contest for the first time, or even a contest veteran who could just use some new ideas or has a few to share.

Phills pics looked great! everyone should check them out.

All credit for presentaion goes to Greg!! While I was slicing and doing the fianl glazes.. he was prepping the turn-in containers. Going thru heads of lettuce for good leaves.. bunchs of parsley.. organizing.. Personally, i have the creative abilities of roadkill.

If you are competing, take 2 heads of lettuce for every turn in you are doing. For the most part, I went through a full head just to get enough for one turn in. There was a pile on the table after I was done of unusable garnish. Tears, bugholes, genetic mishaps, etc.

BBQchef33 said:
All credit for presentaion goes to Greg!! While I was slicing and doing the fianl glazes.. he was prepping the turn-in containers. Going thru heads of lettuce for good leaves.. bunchs of parsley.. organizing.. Personally, i have the creative abilities of roadkill.

Phil the glaze on your brisket looks great. What did you use to for the glaze? Did you carmalize it with a torch? Inquiring bellies would like to know!

No POOPIE brother! That glaze, I think, was the ticket on the brisket.

A very special THANKS to KC on the glaze. You guys aren't going to believe this........our sauce ended up being a combination of 3 commercial sauces ( one local sauce, and one from Kansas City) and a little of my rub mixed together. It was farking awesome!

KC, will you share the magical combination?

KC, will you share the magical combination?
I thought you were supposed to remember it! lmfao :lol: :lol:

2 parts Fiorella's KC spicy sauce, 2 parts Show Me (thanks for the sauce, pm me you mailing adress and I'll send you some of the fiorella's) 1 part Famous Daves Sweet and Zesty. You'll have to talk Bro Kick into his rub recipe because that's what made the combo rock.

Back