• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Question(s) regarding the blue gloves you see many competitors wearing

Lake Dogs

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Are they better than the el-cheapo Wallyworld latex gloves?

If so, source (online)? For me, on box of 100 will get me through
a season and into the 2nd season...

I buy a two-box package (100 each box) of nitrile gloves at Sam's Club for around $11 I believe.

Thanks, we have a Sams. Are they better? Stronger? go on / come off easier?

Just wondering. Not thrilled with el-cheapo wallyworld latex gloves...

They are good gloves. You find them in the pharmacy section. FYI - The Costco gloves suck.

They also have little "nubbins" on the finger tips for gripping.

Are they better than the el-cheapo Wallyworld latex gloves?

If so, source (online)? For me, on box of 100 will get me through
a season and into the 2nd season...

I am amazed!! I go thru half a box of gloves at every contest, but I wear gloves to do everything and I change them frequently (obviously!).

I think they are good for those with latex allergies too.

I am amazed!! I go thru half a box of gloves at every contest, but I wear gloves to do everything and I change them frequently (obviously!).

My team goes through a box a comp.

I buy nitrile's at Wally World. They're purple, but they're cheap and work well. No little finger nubbie things, though. :)

I buy nitrile's at Wally World. They're purple, but they're cheap and work well. No little finger nubbie things, though. :)

I used to as well, Arlin, but I think those are 40 gloves per box for something like $6 if I recall correctly. Sam's Club gloves are a MUCH better deal.

for me, 3 or 4 bbq comps per hear, i'm the only one handling meat
until turn-in, then there's 2 of us... plus, I wash, ALOT. I go through
about 12 gallons of water, and that's trying to conserve.

Nitrile gloves come in a variety of colors. The ones they sell at Sams change hue from time to time as they seem to go with whatever manufacturer provides the low bid. The box looks the same, but the gloves might be white, blue, ivory or even purple.

Wallys are ok if you have little girl hands. Check U-Line for thier gloves. Got the XL lime green ones and they go on and off like a charm.

Dan

I buy the XL nitriles through Cintas, our uniform service at work. A case of 10 boxes usually runs $75-80.

I went through almost 2 cases of gloves this year.. Probably over 32 boxes....

Back