Check out this DIY smokehouse

colonel00

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Very cool project.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/138008-DIY-meat-smoker-project

smoker_9999999998.jpg

smoker_9999999997.jpg

smoker_9999999994.jpg

That is super cool - thanks for putting that up. The entire thread that guy put up is farking amazing - building pron, food pron - it's got it all!

That is unbelievable.

I want a smokehouse like that so bad, but my skills don't match my ambition, unfortunately.

What a great build.
From the linked site...
While taking pictures, a neighbor stopped over to ask how I got a permit to put an outhouse on my property? After a bit of explaining, he understood.

Neighbors can be such dorks sometimes.

Same basic design as mine, just wrapped in thin, aluminum sheets. He will love what he can do in it if it cooks as well as mine. If anyone of you are thinking of doing this, the aluminum looks cool but is not necessary.

This type of design will be my next smoker.
For cost versus cubic feet, and shelving area, you simply can't beat a DIY design made of wood.
Sure, I'l love a big monster Lang type rig, but I simply can't afford it.

Awesome thread, thanks man.
How much have you spent on this project?

Oohh.....I thought the one I was looking at was the one in the other thread.

The wood is cheap, I know how much that is, I've made a hundred projects with wood. It was the sheetmetal I've was specifically wondering about, as I've never bought any. Not sure I'd even know where to go to buy sheet metal.

Back