• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Invited to wife's boss house...uh oh...need FAST apps

daninnewjersey

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Got invited to have dinner with the wife's boss (and her of course). She asks me if I can cook something (appetizers) easy and FAST. Well, the wheels start spinning immediately (of course it's gonna be something smoked). Ran down to the butcher and started cruising the meat displays. He's got some freshly cubed pork which looked excellent. "I'll take a pound and a half..." He's also got some killer looking chicken sausage made that morning. "A pound of that, my good man..."

Cut the pork into smaller pieces and dusted with my buddy's awesome pork rub. Sausage gets cut into 4 pieces (to be cut into bite size) and all go into a HOT drum smoker with a nice chunk of oak. Glaze the pork about 3/4 of the way through the cook and viola..."instant" boss schmoozing apps :biggrin1::biggrin1:

Last edited:
Way to jump into action. BBQ superhero style. Did you wear the cape to dinner?

Quick on your feet. Nice work. Was the boss impressed or jealous?

Ha...good one! He was more than impressed. So impressed in fact I think he's gonna get into smoking. Of course I'll be his "mentor" which hopefully will translate into good work related stuff for wifey....:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Great thinking mate, that sausage looks interesting.
It was just one big one yes.?

Yeah...they make it by the football field length I think. The counter guy is so good you tell him a pound and he'll pinch off...without visibly measuring...a pound (within half an ounce). It's some of the best sausage I've ever had....

Great looking cook! I hope it does not backfire - if the boss thinks you guys eat that good on what he pays her then he will think she will not need a raise :becky:

Back