The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pitcooker T - The Truth about Hanging Briskets in the PBC (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158235)

Pitmaster T 04-09-2013 09:48 AM

Jesus 203 views already? WTF???????????????????????????????????

jaymo 04-09-2013 10:23 AM

Thanks for the video & info!

Pole D 04-09-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmoney7269 (Post 2440947)
Nice video, awesome lookin brisket!
I know you said that you covered it in another video but I haven't seen it. What was in the glue? Portions?

3 parts Molasses, one part soy, one part Balsamic Vinegar.

Pitmaster T 04-09-2013 10:38 AM

Worcestershire sauce is black too. I never notice this til I watched the film as well. Although I could have dialed back the cooking time a bit, did you notice how the bark snapped back? It sort of dries and reestablished itself. I talk about all the time and why my system does that but never had an example on film before. I also suspect the Grace Jones crap helps as I do not get that on my mass smokes (50 briskets or more) as I do not put it on.

Phubar 04-09-2013 11:00 AM

Phabulous!:thumb:

Pitmaster T 04-09-2013 05:11 PM

Thanks Phubar

Timmy Mac 04-09-2013 06:24 PM

Looks great!! Nice video.:clap2:

Wampus 04-09-2013 06:27 PM

So if I wake up late, I just need to get a PBC and I'll be good?

<smart arse mod> :roll:

Looks great Donnie. Had a hard time hearing you at times though.

OH.....and by the way.....I've been reading about long term effects of having aluminum foil in contact with meat causing early onset Alzheimer's. Have you any opinions on that?
Personally.....I think it's a buncha malarkey.

landarc 04-09-2013 06:59 PM

That sure looks good, nicely cooked if a little over-tender. Ish.

runnoft 04-09-2013 07:07 PM

All that stuff about kids sleeping and coffee making and your personal life really doesn't make me overly interested in the rest of your video that is supposed to be about BBQ. I bailed on the coffee maker scene. Don't mean to be insulting to you but If I wanted a pro video I would go to the internet not BBQ Brethren although their are a lot of pros that don't blow their own horn on the BBQ Brethren. They don't have too others do it for them.. Just my 2 cents
Runnoft

Wampus 04-09-2013 07:22 PM

Personally....I watch Donnie's vids for the comedy. :roll:

He doesn't know much about BBQ. Especially brisket. :twitch:

landarc 04-09-2013 07:31 PM

I have found that each of us has a different process, both of learning and teaching. I will say, I came here, having cooked BBQ (in the traditional sense, not grilling) since 1976, had produced many many great butt and rib cooks. I learned a great deal from Donnie, about brisket and the Texas traditions of BBQ. I consider him, even though we have never personally met, to be a mentor and valuable influence in my cooking.

But, to each his own.

BobBrisket 04-09-2013 07:39 PM

Dayum! That looks good. Personally, I like that level of doneness. Great for sammiches, burritos, and for stuff like chili later on if any is left. Problem is getting it that way consistently. I learned something there...............now I gotta try it for myself.:thumb: Gotta ask though, whatcha do to that poor little frog on this sink?:grin: I'd hit several Chef's Samples too!

Bob

rifraf 04-09-2013 07:43 PM

I agree with Wampus and landarc. Way to go Donnie not like you need us to toot ur horn!!

jmoney7269 04-09-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pole D (Post 2441169)
3 parts Molasses, one part soy, one part Balsamic Vinegar.

Lol BALLISTIC VINEGAR lol :loco: made my day