The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   For the Board (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Thank you! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124195)

Jeff_in_KC 01-15-2012 12:24 PM

Thank you!

Slept on it and had time to gather some thoughts and wanted to say a few things...

As of this morning the results are still the same. Thought maybe I was dreaming it! Anyway, once again, thank you to everyone who supported my candidacy for the KCBS Board of Directors. It is greatly appreciated and I will always do my best in this position over the next three years. I have always been a big supporter of this organization, even when glaring problems frustrated and angered its ...members, including myself. KCBS's original vision of what competition barbecue should be has created a culture that has given my entire family and me many, many hours of satisfaction, joy and successes! Time spent with some of the best friends we've ever had; learning how to compete in this "sport"; realizing the joy of achieving most all of our goals in barbecue; and most importantly, a wholesome activity that we can enjoy as a family are all reasons why I love KCBS and want to do my part in giving back to try to make it even better. As a board member, I want to fulfill the things I talked about during the campaign. I realize the organization is like a large machine rolling in a certain direction. Sometimes, it will be necessary to alter the direction a bit and because it's like that large machine, altering the direction, even slightly, may take time and a lot of effort. Things won't always move as fast as we would all like but we have to make the effort to get it going the right way. While I'm serving on the board, I hope to continue to hear from all of you and listen to your opinions on the way things are going. I have no delusions that you will all agree with me on every issue but if we can keep working to adjust and make KCBS better for everyone, we all win! I plan to maintain a Facebook page for sharing of ideas and to read your suggestions. Call, email, post on that page, whatever you need to do. But talk to me! And I'll talk with all of you. If you've met me, you know talking is not a problem for me! Especially when it comes to anything barbecue! :-) Two years ago when I first ran for the board, communication and transparency were two issues on which I ran. You can count on that from me now and going forward! And if you're interested in serving on whatever committee I am assigned, please let me know. Let's get this done and make a difference! Again, my sincere thanks!

Sledneck 01-15-2012 12:53 PM

Fantastic, enough celebration. Get to work :wink: