Whole Ribeye Question

TurboDog

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have this nice chunk of cab here , and I plan on cooking it on the UDS at about 250 till it hits an internal temp of about 135. If it lacks color I will sear it afterwards. My question is , I just got a rotisserie ring for my kettle , and it fits on my UDS , so would there be any benefit to putting it on the rotisserie? Or is it not going to make much of a difference?

I'd say the rotisserie isn't really necessary but that's just me.

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Go for it, use the rotisserie, i love using mine, it will cook evenly and distribute the juices very well.

I'd say the rotisserie isn't really necessary but that's just me.

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I agree with Chris. On a hotter cook it would help and they are a bit of a pain.

BTW how did you get it to stick to the wall?

I agree with Chris. On a hotter cook it would help and they are a bit of a pain.

BTW how did you get it to stick to the wall?

I apologize for that, I took the pic with my phone and have no idea why it came out sideways.

I like the rotisserie... kind of makes it self basting. It also allows you to add rub mid cook to make a better crust. I do mine to 125 but the wife complains.

Use it. From the standpoint of even temp distribution, not alot of gain that far away from the fire in a drum. BUT, a self-basting rib roast from the rotisserie action is a juicy glorious thing to behold! I love mine and use it wherever I can.

I cooked a whole ribeye for Christmas to 135 double wrapped in foil and rested for 1 hour best piece of beef ever on my WSM haven't talked myself into rotisserie yet but sure would like to know how it comes out if you do use it

rotisserie should come out a little better..however I think 135 internal is high, because the best is when you slice then flash on the grill

Back