The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Roll Call: Platte City, MO....May 11 & 12 (with results) (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26784)

smknwhlswife 05-04-2007 01:02 PM

Roll Call: Platte City, MO....May 11 & 12 (with results)

Smoke on Wheels will be there. We will be in spot 131.

Plowboy 05-04-2007 01:47 PM

Plowboys will be there, but I don't recall our spot.

beam boys bbq 05-04-2007 05:16 PM

platta mo where is it at in the state

york

Jeff_in_KC 05-04-2007 06:31 PM

Nothwest of KC, York.

Big Creek BBQ will be there... Cabin 50A. We decided to rough it this contest! :wink:

smknwhlswife 05-05-2007 10:34 PM

Don't forget your (or your kid's) swimsuits! They have said that the pool now has a dome and is heated.

I know there were a few teams with families that chose not to come to this one since they changed to an earlier weekend and everyone thought that the pool would still be closed. It looks like they will also have a spray park at some point this summer too.

Jeff_in_KC 05-05-2007 11:12 PM

Just saw the forecast (for what it's worth anyway!) and it said sunny and 80 both Friday and Saturday. Looking good! Can't wait to get out there, set up my INDOOR kitchen, pop up the easy up, season meat and go inside in the AC and take a nap on the queen sized bed.

Plowboy 05-07-2007 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC (Post 390161)
Just saw the forecast (for what it's worth anyway!) and it said sunny and 80 both Friday and Saturday. Looking good! Can't wait to get out there, set up my INDOOR kitchen, pop up the easy up, season meat and go inside in the AC and take a nap on the queen sized bed.

Forecast now calls for 30-40% chance of thunderstorms. I'm sure it will change again before the week is out.

We are spot 121. I plan to set up early Friday morning.

Plowboy 05-07-2007 10:32 AM

RV Park Map

http://www.basswoodresort.com/site_map.html

Where is the turn in?

Anyone doing people's choice on Sat? I will only if I have time and space. I have an extra brisket here to cook, so that's not a problem.

smknwhlswife 05-07-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 390780)
RV Park Map

http://www.basswoodresort.com/site_map.html

Where is the turn in?

Anyone doing people's choice on Sat? I will only if I have time and space. I have an extra brisket here to cook, so that's not a problem.

Turn in is at the Meeting Hall next to the Bath House. You have such a long haul.:evil: :mrgreen:

Don't know if we will be doing people's choice or not.

Jeff_in_KC 05-07-2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 390775)
Forecast now calls for 30-40% chance of thunderstorms. I'm sure it will change again before the week is out.

We are spot 121. I plan to set up early Friday morning.

I'm so sick of rain I could just chit! Todd, didn't know you guys were cooking this! I had my wife drop a check in the mail to ya today for the Blues Hog I still owed ya for! :oops: We'll be there Friday morning as well. I'm thinking around 9 or 9:30 if everything goes well.

By the way... Bill Bruner (forgot his wood company name) is going to be up there sometime Friday if anyone needs wood. Right now, he has cherry, oak and hickory. Pretty reasonable also. Don't know all his prices on sticks but chunks, he sells a large feed bag full (to the top... not closed) for $10 each. A large grocery brown bag full is $6. If anyone needs an order, his number is (816) 674-4119.

EDIT: Todd, well, I just went up and told my wife you'll be at Platte City... she tells me she didn't get a chance to get to the post office this afternoon. :roll: Soooo.... see ya Friday with your check! :icon_shy

Jeff_in_KC 05-08-2007 04:34 PM

Looks like rain is totally out of the forecast for Friday/Saturday! sunny and upper 70's to low 80's! :-D

Plowboy 05-08-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smknwhlswife (Post 390905)
Turn in is at the Meeting Hall next to the Bath House. You have such a long haul.:evil: :mrgreen:

Don't know if we will be doing people's choice or not.

Hope I don't trip crossing the street. :biggrin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC (Post 391529)
Looks like rain is totally out of the forecast for Friday/Saturday! sunny and upper 70's to low 80's! :-D

SWEET!!! But, it will probably change again. :icon_sleepy

Jeff_in_KC 05-10-2007 10:46 PM

Locked and loaded and pulling out of here around 8am in the morning. There are a few scattered thunderstorms around but nothing organized and isn't supposed to mess with the weekend! See y'all up there!

Plowboy 05-10-2007 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC (Post 392784)
Locked and loaded and pulling out of here around 8am in the morning. There are a few scattered thunderstorms around but nothing organized and isn't supposed to mess with the weekend! See y'all up there!

I'm hoping to get out by 9am. Got my meat trimmed and the camper loaded. Hy-Vee is cutting me fresh thighs in the morning before 8am. Chickens just killed Wednesday.

I have got some KILLER spares from Tom's Meat Market. Never have I had a three pack with three awesome ribs and no shiners.

Briskets look killer. One is about perfect. And I got to pick my butts out of a case from Tom's. Cooking 8# butts that are almost the same size.

I may not cook worth a chit, but I'm going to start out with some killer product. I'll only have the cook to blame come Saturday afternoon.

Andy - I got your parsley. Wash, wrapped, and ready to deliver. There must have been 50 bundles in that case. I only washed half of it and that's enough for about 3 teams.

Jeff_in_KC 05-11-2007 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 392813)
I'm hoping to get out by 9am. Got my meat trimmed and the camper loaded. Hy-Vee is cutting me fresh thighs in the morning before 8am. Chickens just killed Wednesday.

I have got some KILLER spares from Tom's Meat Market. Never have I had a three pack with three awesome ribs and no shiners.

Briskets look killer. One is about perfect. And I got to pick my butts out of a case from Tom's. Cooking 8# butts that are almost the same size.

I may not cook worth a chit, but I'm going to start out with some killer product. I'll only have the cook to blame come Saturday afternoon.

Andy - I got your parsley. Wash, wrapped, and ready to deliver. There must have been 50 bundles in that case. I only washed half of it and that's enough for about 3 teams.

Parsley?? You got good parsley??? :shock: Where?

Plowboy 05-11-2007 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC (Post 392889)
Parsley?? You got good parsley??? :shock: Where?

Talk to me at Platte City.

PigBoy 05-12-2007 09:35 PM

Talked to Todd tonite. He had to cook this one without me again. He may not want me anymore! He got 2nd in chicken ( I forgot what rub he used ), 2nd in Pork and 8th overall! Hopefully someone will post complete results. I think Jeff in KC was 9th overall and Smoke on Wheels was 11th. Congrats guys!

DeanC 05-12-2007 10:38 PM

Congrats to Todd, Jeff, Andy, and all who walked.

Bigmista 05-12-2007 10:41 PM

Let's get some results in here! Congrats guys!

DeanC 05-12-2007 11:34 PM

What I have heard.....should say read...

Overall
GC - Four men and A Pig
RCG- Smokin Guns
Toad Hollar BBQ
Road Hog BBQ
BBQ Council
Grillas BBQ Team
All Sizes BBQ
Pork Pullin Plowboys
Big Creek BBQ
Smokin Elvis's

Chicken
Four Men and a pig
Pork Pullin plowboys
BBQ Council
Wonderful Walts
All Sizes BBQ
Smokin Guns
Lil' Fiddlers Smokin
Fredas Redneck BBQ
Big Creek BBQ
Smokin Elvises

Ribs
Four men and a pig
Smokin' Elvises
Mister Bobo @the Cattlac
Toad Hollar BBQ
BBQ Council
Mr Bibbs
Smokin Guns
3 Ball BBQ
Smokin Dads
2 men and a barbie

Pork
Smokin Guns
Pork Pullin plowboys
Slabba Dabba Doo
Road Hog BBQ
Good Fellas BBQ
Wonderful Walts
Howe-2-BBQ
Grillas BBQ Team
Mr Bibbs
Smokin Dads

Brisket
Toad Hollar BBQ
Road Hog BBQ
Pig Pen
Grillas BBQ Team
Park Ave Pork
3rd Degree Burn
Fishnet Security
Four men and a pig
AM and PM Smokers
Smokin Guns

Solidkick 05-13-2007 08:28 AM

WTG guys! What an excellent showing! Congrats to all!!

Pig Headed 05-13-2007 08:30 AM

Congrats to all.

Jeff_in_KC 05-13-2007 11:36 AM

This is a really fun contest for us. Enjoyed it a lot! But I'll tell ya... we could really get used to having and A/C'ed cabin with showers, kitchen and a nice bed at comps!

Jeff@KC 05-13-2007 12:32 PM

Congrats to all of you guys. That was awesome.. It was good to see you guys on Friday. I guess we will see you guys at GAB...

Plowboy 05-13-2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff@KC (Post 393949)
Congrats to all of you guys. That was awesome.. It was good to see you guys on Friday. I guess we will see you guys at GAB...

Were you at Big Creek's Friday night? Should have stopped by. Sorry I missed you.

bbqbull 05-13-2007 01:48 PM

Congrats to the Brethren brothers!

smknwhlswife 05-13-2007 05:34 PM

And....Kaylin got 1st in the Kids Q!.... Out of 11 kids.

HoDeDo 05-13-2007 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smknwhlswife (Post 394050)
And....Kaylin got 1st in the Kids Q!.... Out of 11 kids.

Randy - I don't think we got 11th overall. I say "don't think" because what is left of the scores is in a firepit at Basswood :twisted:

After the rib dabacle, I don't see how we could have done that well overall, since we were middle of the pack in everything else. I would bet we were 21st.

Congrats to all the brothers who did get calls!!! It was a fun weekend!!

Greatgrills 05-13-2007 07:22 PM

Congrats to everyone:-P

Chick'n Pig BBQ 05-13-2007 08:20 PM

Congrats to all.

Jeff_in_KC 05-13-2007 09:02 PM

Nope, Andy, you weren't 11th. Todd, Jeff was over at our site on Friday afternoon. We had a little beer problem: We ran out. Between me, Doorbusters, Jeff and Bubba's brother Jerry, we had a six pack, a 12 pack and a 30 pack in what guys? Four hours? Good afternoon it was!

Greatgrills 05-13-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC (Post 394162)
Nope, Andy, you weren't 11th. Todd, Jeff was over at our site on Friday afternoon. We had a little beer problem: We ran out. Between me, Doorbusters, Jeff and Bubba's brother Jerry, we had a six pack, a 12 pack and a 30 pack in what guys? Four hours? Good afternoon it was!

Come prepared NEVER run out of beer!!!!!!!:-P Extra is good!!!!!:twisted:

HoDeDo 05-13-2007 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatgrills (Post 394172)
Come prepared NEVER run out of beer!!!!!!!:-P Extra is good!!!!!:twisted:

My dad always taught me.... Better a case long than a case short!!!

On Sun morning when you go to throw that line in the water and catch breakfast.... do you want to be the guy that has two floating in the cooler, or the guy just breaking into the last full cooler??? :twisted:

Works the same for BBQ contests too.... But I have your back Jeff!!!!

Jeff_in_KC 05-13-2007 10:42 PM

Much appreciated, Andy!

slat 05-13-2007 10:56 PM

Congrats to everyone.

MoKanMeathead 05-14-2007 08:00 AM

Way to go guys.

BTW Andy, SIX is all of the digits on one hand and one from your other hand..:twisted: :-P

SinginBob 05-14-2007 11:40 AM

Nice job on the pork, Todd!

Jeff, I think they are putting cabins with AC and carpet in Laurie!:twisted:

Andy, at least ONE Groneman can cook!!:twisted::twisted:

Bellybro 05-14-2007 01:24 PM

Congrats to all!

Plowboy 05-14-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SinginBob (Post 394427)
Nice job on the pork, Todd!

Jeff, I think they are putting cabins with AC and carpet in Laurie!:twisted:

Andy, at least ONE Groneman can cook!!:twisted::twisted:

Katelyn is the new sausage cook on for Smoke on Wheels. I don't remember if Andy posted this, but I think she outscored second place by 20 points. :eusa_clap

HoDeDo 05-14-2007 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoKanMeathead (Post 394305)
Way to go guys.

BTW Andy, SIX is all of the digits on one hand and one from your other hand..:twisted: :-P

Hey, I could count to 20 that day. I had sandals on!!!

And after the awards, Kim shared with me that the Rep had said she thought it was funny that the judge in question had six ribs bagged up - I wonder how that is possible if one entrant only turned in 5. Nothing I can do about it now... but you better believe I am taking pics of EVERY entry going forward.:icon_sleepy Just one of the many mistakes.... For example, When Kaylin won the kids que.... they called Kyle Groneman - took some work for them to actually hand her the award... And our team was listed as Smoke of Wheels.... the list goes on.

Other than that, we had a great time and got to see some good friends.:eusa_clap

Jeff_in_KC 05-14-2007 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoKanMeathead (Post 394305)
Way to go guys.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think I just laughed so hard I sharted! Nice one, Wayne!

SloppyQ 05-14-2007 09:19 PM

Congrats to everyone.
Andy you should have come to the Red Fox comp, five teams and four judges. That means you would only need one hand. I have braggn rights till next time.

Doorbusters 05-15-2007 02:24 PM

I have to agree. The setting there is great! Money willing, Doorbusters may have to do this one next year. But only if I can do it "Big Creek Style". And yes Jeff, it was 4 hours, 48 divided by 4??? Andy, take your shoes off and figure that for me!

I CANNOT WAIT FOR G.A.B. Are we starting a side pot ?

Plowboy 05-15-2007 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doorbusters (Post 395018)
I CANNOT WAIT FOR G.A.B. Are we starting a side pot ?

Only if there are odds. I would not put my money against many of the teams around here: GreatGrills, Bubba & Jeff, Meatheads, Team Q, and the list goes on. Our best shot at beating anyone would be if Andy wears socks & mittens when putting his ribs in the box.

HoDeDo 05-15-2007 05:00 PM

Keep it up boys... You might just get a bone of your own:twisted:

smknwhlswife 05-16-2007 08:54 AM

Pictures

8 Attachment(s)
Jeff, Tammy & Dustin............................................ .................. Tammy & Taylor Cookin'
Attachment 7463Attachment 7464
Checkin' the temp
Attachment 7465

One of Todd's awards!
Attachment 7466

Kaylin preps her sausage........................................... ................. Get those grill marks!
Attachment 7467Attachment 7468

Almost done! .................................................. .........................1st Place!
Attachment 7469Attachment 7471

Doorbusters 05-16-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoDeDo (Post 395137)
Keep it up boys... You might just get a bone of your own:twisted:

Better be savin' your bones for your boxes!