The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Roll Call: Platte City, MO....May 11 & 12 (with results) (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26784)

Jeff_in_KC 05-13-2007 09:02 PM

Nope, Andy, you weren't 11th. Todd, Jeff was over at our site on Friday afternoon. We had a little beer problem: We ran out. Between me, Doorbusters, Jeff and Bubba's brother Jerry, we had a six pack, a 12 pack and a 30 pack in what guys? Four hours? Good afternoon it was!

Greatgrills 05-13-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC (Post 394162)
Nope, Andy, you weren't 11th. Todd, Jeff was over at our site on Friday afternoon. We had a little beer problem: We ran out. Between me, Doorbusters, Jeff and Bubba's brother Jerry, we had a six pack, a 12 pack and a 30 pack in what guys? Four hours? Good afternoon it was!

Come prepared NEVER run out of beer!!!!!!!:-P Extra is good!!!!!:twisted:

HoDeDo 05-13-2007 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatgrills (Post 394172)
Come prepared NEVER run out of beer!!!!!!!:-P Extra is good!!!!!:twisted:

My dad always taught me.... Better a case long than a case short!!!

On Sun morning when you go to throw that line in the water and catch breakfast.... do you want to be the guy that has two floating in the cooler, or the guy just breaking into the last full cooler??? :twisted:

Works the same for BBQ contests too.... But I have your back Jeff!!!!

Jeff_in_KC 05-13-2007 10:42 PM

Much appreciated, Andy!

slat 05-13-2007 10:56 PM

Congrats to everyone.

MoKanMeathead 05-14-2007 08:00 AM

Way to go guys.

BTW Andy, SIX is all of the digits on one hand and one from your other hand..:twisted: :-P

SinginBob 05-14-2007 11:40 AM

Nice job on the pork, Todd!

Jeff, I think they are putting cabins with AC and carpet in Laurie!:twisted:

Andy, at least ONE Groneman can cook!!:twisted::twisted:

Bellybro 05-14-2007 01:24 PM

Congrats to all!

Plowboy 05-14-2007 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SinginBob (Post 394427)
Nice job on the pork, Todd!

Jeff, I think they are putting cabins with AC and carpet in Laurie!:twisted:

Andy, at least ONE Groneman can cook!!:twisted::twisted:

Katelyn is the new sausage cook on for Smoke on Wheels. I don't remember if Andy posted this, but I think she outscored second place by 20 points. :eusa_clap

HoDeDo 05-14-2007 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoKanMeathead (Post 394305)
Way to go guys.

BTW Andy, SIX is all of the digits on one hand and one from your other hand..:twisted: :-P

Hey, I could count to 20 that day. I had sandals on!!!

And after the awards, Kim shared with me that the Rep had said she thought it was funny that the judge in question had six ribs bagged up - I wonder how that is possible if one entrant only turned in 5. Nothing I can do about it now... but you better believe I am taking pics of EVERY entry going forward.:icon_sleepy Just one of the many mistakes.... For example, When Kaylin won the kids que.... they called Kyle Groneman - took some work for them to actually hand her the award... And our team was listed as Smoke of Wheels.... the list goes on.

Other than that, we had a great time and got to see some good friends.:eusa_clap

Jeff_in_KC 05-14-2007 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoKanMeathead (Post 394305)
Way to go guys.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think I just laughed so hard I sharted! Nice one, Wayne!

SloppyQ 05-14-2007 09:19 PM

Congrats to everyone.
Andy you should have come to the Red Fox comp, five teams and four judges. That means you would only need one hand. I have braggn rights till next time.

Doorbusters 05-15-2007 02:24 PM

I have to agree. The setting there is great! Money willing, Doorbusters may have to do this one next year. But only if I can do it "Big Creek Style". And yes Jeff, it was 4 hours, 48 divided by 4??? Andy, take your shoes off and figure that for me!

I CANNOT WAIT FOR G.A.B. Are we starting a side pot ?

Plowboy 05-15-2007 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doorbusters (Post 395018)
I CANNOT WAIT FOR G.A.B. Are we starting a side pot ?

Only if there are odds. I would not put my money against many of the teams around here: GreatGrills, Bubba & Jeff, Meatheads, Team Q, and the list goes on. Our best shot at beating anyone would be if Andy wears socks & mittens when putting his ribs in the box.

HoDeDo 05-15-2007 05:00 PM

Keep it up boys... You might just get a bone of your own:twisted: