• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Pitmasters - Memphis Style - Coming Up...

I will be tuning in along with the family. Just got done shooting my audition reel for season 5 with my dad.

Watching. I thought apple sauce on the ribs was pretty interesting...

Mr. Wayne,UNFORTUNATELY ,MOST Memphis Bbq is disappointing nowadays.:mad: There are a FEW good ones left but not many.The good ones are in a part of town that you need armed bodyguards to visit.There are a few newer one but they are so commercialized it is sickening.

When they brought out the band saw I started to glance over at my wife and she instantly responded, "no freaking way dont even get any ideas...." :doh:

LOL
Well I might have to get my wife to quit watching it. Was cutting up some brisket to make some chili tonight and she warmed up a slice and eat it, said it was tender and tasted good but I needed to work on the smoke ring :cool: I think she likes the show more than I do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Mr. Wayne,UNFORTUNATELY ,MOST Memphis Bbq is disappointing nowadays.:mad: There are a FEW good ones left but not many.The good ones are in a part of town that you need armed bodyguards to visit.There are a few newer one but they are so commercialized it is sickening.

That's a shame....

I guess what I meant was these guys were able to cook 5 or 6 racks... but only needed to turn in 3-wet, and 3-dry ribs...... and the judges could hardly tell the styles apart. Then, the cooks each used 3 chickens to come up with a pile of pulled white meat, and a pile of pulled dark meat..... two of 'em didn't really pull the meat, and one turned in undercooked meat. Then,... the judges said that 1 point separated first from third place..... ouch.

Their chicken were all over the place... apparently they didnt listen to the whole "pulled chicken" rule. The ribs looked great though, except tied dye. so far its my least favorite show of the season, the other two episodes had better lookin' 'cue. The right guy won but it was a weak showing for "Memphis, king of BBQ" JMHO this is still better then watching American Idol, the Voice, or any other dumb singing show

• Thanks
Reactions: rtc
Their chicken were all over the place... apparently they didnt listen to the whole "pulled chicken" rule. The ribs looked great though, except tied dye. so far its my least favorite show of the season, the other two episodes had better lookin' 'cue. The right guy won but it was a weak showing for "Memphis, king of BBQ" JMHO this is still better then watching American Idol, the Voice, or any other dumb singing show

^^^Amen Brother!, It's nice to see the guys we compete against week in and week out performing well on a show like this and generating more and more interest in BBQ.

I'm not sure the right guy won. I'm sure he's a great cook and all and might have been better than the others but how can someone who does not follow directions win? They asked for pulled chicken with both light and dark meat.

And as far as the less than a point seperating them......maybe the judges are just trying too hard not to make anyone mad. Seems lame to me.

Either way I agree that this show was not as good as the other two but I will keep watching it.

Yea, this episode wasn't that good IMO. These guys seemed to have a hard time following the rules and I really don't understand how you can undercook chicken with all the time you have to get it done. 2 of these guys are Q rest. owners and I got the feeling that they don't spend much time manning their pits anymore. Could be wrong.

I'm not sure the right guy won. I'm sure he's a great cook and all and might have been better than the others but how can someone who does not follow directions win? They asked for pulled chicken with both light and dark meat.

And as far as the less than a point seperating them......maybe the judges are just trying too hard not to make anyone mad. Seems lame to me.

Either way I agree that this show was not as good as the other two but I will keep watching it.

I just took the less then one point separating them as a sign of how poor each one of them did.

They only had a five hour window to make the cooks. No doubt the ribs needed to get started but these were BB's not spares.
But how come they didnt get the chicken swimming first? At best they had a one hour brine.

Holy cross contamination Batman, did you see Craig rub those chicks?

When they brought out the band saw I started to glance over at my wife and she instantly responded, "no freaking way dont even get any ideas...." :doh:

At least there should've been a NSF disclaimer... without it would imply acceptable practices and standards.

Clean and sanitize procedures? Sure... break down that bandsaw!
[And yes - I've worked in a meatroom cleaning those blades as a kid]

Last edited:
Back