Newbi Question regarding smoking Beef Roasts

J

jgibb

Is there a good beef roast that can be smoked well? I've smoked Brisket, Ribs, Chicken Wings and a Pork Roast. I'd like to add a beef roast to my list and at some point, a leg of lamb. I am wondering if one type of beef roast is better than another type. Thoughts from the pros?

What's your goal?

For pulled beef then cook a chuck. I cook it similar to a butt, watching for it to probe like butter.

If you want sliced beef then cook a round or a sirloin and take it to 125 internal and then rest before slicing for a nice medium rare.

What's your goal?

For pulled beef then cook a chuck. I cook it similar to a butt, watching for it to probe like butter.

If you want sliced beef then cook a round or a sirloin and take it to 125 internal and then rest before slicing for a nice medium rare.

exhibit A-

eye of the orund

Last edited:
I don't know what my goal is. Maybe both? That eye of round looks great but the pulled beef also sounds amazing. So, why not both? :-D

I just did a chuckie yesterday turned out awesome.
100_4333.jpg
[/IMG]

Then do both! :-D

BTW, when I cook chuck I go to a local meat parket where I can get a large roast. I hate the little 2-3 lb. roasts at the grocery store. They are to easy to dry out. I prefer 7-8 lbs. Leftovers are great!

Then do both! :-D

BTW, when I cook chuck I go to a local meat parket where I can get a large roast. I hate the little 2-3 lb. roasts at the grocery store. They are to easy to dry out. I prefer 7-8 lbs. Leftovers are great!

I have a great meat market close to me. I agree about the leftovers!

Back