Last weekends cook...heavy pron...

W

WvSmoke

This is last weekends cook. I made a couple racks, spatchcock chicken, Italian fatty, pepper stuffed fatty, ABT’s, bacon wrapped scallops and some sides of beans and such. Since folks here seem to like pics, here’s some pron for you. The time on the wifes camera is off by 12 hours I think, because in the morning it has the right date, but by afternoon, it is one day off. Anyway, enjoy:

It was such a beautiful morning I just had to share a shot of it.

morning.jpg

A great light shone over the UDS…a sign from a higher Q power

light.jpg

I took this as a sign…the fire was not yet lit.

ready.jpg

Selected a nice piece of cherry, and turned it into smoking chunks:

log.jpg

wood1.jpg

wood2.jpg

Then went inside to finish the prep, ribs, chicken, fatties, ABT’s and scallops. (I actually rubbed the ribs down the night before, wrapped them in plastic wrap and stuck them in the fridge).

RUBBEDRIBS.jpg

spatchcock.jpg

Pepper fatty:
stuffedpepper.jpg

wrapped up:
pepperwrapped.jpg

Italian fatty:
italian.jpg

wrapped up:
italianwrapped.jpg

scallops.jpg

Let the cooking begin:

goodbadandugly.jpg

ribsonuds.jpg

ribtrimmings.jpg

appetizersongrill.jpg

And some finished product:

finishedfatties.jpg

Pepper fatty:
slicedpepperfatty.jpg

Italian fatty:
sliceditalianfatty.jpg

ABT’s and scallops:
appetizers-1.jpg

Chicken:
finishedspatchcock.jpg

Ribs:
finishedribs.jpg

Finally some desert, homemade French Vanilla ice cream with cinnamon grilled peaches:
peachesstarted.jpg

finishedpeaches.jpg

If you notice in several pics there is something pink in them. That is my 11 year-old daughter JB’s idea to support breast cancer awareness month. I was even wearing a pink hand towel during the cook.

Looks beautiful there!! I love your back yard. :-D
The food looks fantastic too, what a great way to spend the day!

Looks beautiful there!! I love your back yard. :-D
The food looks fantastic too, what a great way to spend the day!

Thank you! It actually looks much better in July when the flowers are in full bloom. I make hanging baskets for the wife every year and she hangs them around the gazebo. The leaves are changing now, so the hills have taken on their fall festive look.

A feast indeed! All the food looks great and I really loved the cinnamon grilled peaches:thumb:

Great scenery, great cooking, great food, great family, what's not to love about those pics? Congrats, bro!

picture.php

Back