• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Traeger - new model with LED vs. last year

BrisketBelly

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I currently have a Bradley digital smoker and it has become more of a pain to use than convenient, as I had hoped it would be. I went to a local shop and they sell, Traeger and have last year's Texas Grill for $900 with a free bag of pellets. It does not have the digital LED. Do you feel its worth it to get this year's model for $999 with the LED for $100 more? Also, how do these things hold up in weather? I'd like to leave this covered on my deck when not in use (the Bradley has to take up space in my garage and be moved about each time I want to use it). If we get some rain, will this thing keep running or will it need to be covered? Thanks in advance for your advice.

The traegers are made off shore now.
Is it Made in America?
That would be my deal breaker.

Paul

Being a former Traeger owner I had many issues with the paint flaking off of my 075. My brother bought a powder coated Traeger and he has the same problems. Both were kept undercover at all times. DO NOT let the pellets get wet in the hopper or auger! Other then that I loved my Traeger.

The guy ended up giving me the last year's model for $900, called the manufacturer and they are shipping him the digital LED for free, which he will install for me. In the meantime, he delivered the smoker, threw in a bag of hickory pellets and a grill cover. I am seasoning the smoker as I type.

I love mine:thumb: smoke in rain,wind,and snow never had a problem but like ORYGUN said don't let the pellets get wet in the hopper or the auger.You'll be glad you got the digital LED.Happy Smoking :icon_cool

Back