• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Testing out the "Chef's Select" charcoal

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This is the RO charcoal that Doitbest sells online that you can have shipped to their store. It wasn't a bad price...i'm thinking 21 dollars for a 40 lb bag but it's made from all hardwood and not all the fillers. I was going to do a side by side test with KB but the Chefs Select briquettes are twice as big so it wouldn't be a fair test.

Heat wise and ash i'll put this up against lump charcoal. By the looks of the smoke it was burning really clean which is nice to see.

I threw on some frozen solid quarters on the smoker....Yea i never used to cook frozen chicken but it thaws out fast. This chicken didn't need seared at all but i wanted to see how it held up ash wise so i threw the chicken in there after blowing off the ash that was there. Pleasantly surprised because it didn't pick up any ash from the briquettes.

Here ya go.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h92Mq15hpqs&feature=youtu.be"]P1020318 - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for the report and the chicken pr0n! Looks terrific, as usual! :wink:

I only had the mini's basket filled maybe 60-70% and this is what i have left after a 400 plus degree cook and sear with the frozen chicken quarters... not too bad, they look very much intact!

That looks great! also like the background music... some Argent, Hold your head up!

That looks great! also like the background music... some Argent, Hold your head up!
Old rock n roll makes for the best Q music! :becky:

If you fed me just the skin, I would be happy!!! Nice test.
I'll :boxing: you trying to take my skin...it's the best part! lol

Back