New CBJ Judge Impression

Shocking.

It's so unusual for a Texan to believe anything and everything is better in their state.

I am surprise he still alive after rating DALLAS: Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse after rating it a one star, no it not a 5 star but 4 if you get there before they run out of meat and close for the day. Yes DALLAS: Dickey’s BBQ Pit is chain started in Dallas 1941, it a strong 3 and I eat there every time I can (Yes I love there hotlinks, hot sauce) . I have lived in Dallas off and on for the last 40 years and have tried a lot of the places there I know what I like and don't.

I am surprise he still alive after rating DALLAS: Sonny Bryan's Smokehouse after rating it a one star, no it not a 5 star but 4 if you get there before they run out of meat and close for the day. Yes DALLAS: Dickey’s BBQ Pit is chain started in Dallas 1941, it a strong 3 and I eat there every time I can (Yes I love there hotlinks, hot sauce) . I have lived in Dallas off and on for the last 40 years and have tried a lot of the places there I know what I like and don't.
Live in Plano and have a cafe in UP area of Dallas. The only decent bbq is the original Sonny Bryan's on Inwood next to the Salvation Army. The rest sucks.

My family and I had a dickey's brisket sandwich one day and each and every one of us (6) spit out the bite, threw the sandwich away and got a corn dog to take the flavor out of our mouth. If you like oversmoked unidentifiable meat with a fine carcinogenic coating of mesquite, eat bbq in DFW.

My opionion only. 30 years in Texas and yes everything is better in Texas except the bbq in Dallas.

Doesn't everybody?

Nah. New Yorkers are the worst, but Texans run a close second.

I'm proud to be a Georgian, but I'm the first to admit if you're looking for a good pizza house or chili parlor our state doesn't have a lot to offer. Every place has stuff they do really well, stuff that's average and stuff that ain't so good. Not every place has residents willing to admit that, however. :grin:

Judged the Open this year at the "Royal" and had some awesome entries at my table! I have judged a few contests and cook as well. I believe that it is hit or miss depending on what judging table you happen to end up at and how the entries come in and end up at your judging table. Have had the good and the bad in the judging experience. :wink:

I believe that it is hit or miss depending on what judging table you happen to end up at and how the entries come in and end up at your judging table. Have had the good and the bad in the judging experience. :wink:

Exactly! Although it is amazing (at least to me) that you might very well be at a table where not one of the entries in one category is above average while at the same time the next table is raving about all six entries. By the way - by "average" I'm talking about the average comp entry, not the average stuff from a backyard cook or a restaurant.

Sounds like he did not taste Plowboy's... who took first in brisket AND the Grand Championship.

Back