Did a full packer brisket today

Haltech

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Ive been up and down with the briskets lately. Ive done only 4 in the FC, 2 packers and 2 flats. The last 3 were heavily salty, so i really reduced the amount of rub i used this time around, but more so, probably way to much.

I used Kosmos on this one along with beef broth in the injection mixture. I had better luck with it this time around then before. I went to 165F and separated the point from the flat to do burned ends, which came out so so in the FEC. The flat did 16 hrs total since she started as a 19 pounder. Can't really complain about the coloring except for the lack of smoke penetration. I'm definitely gonna consider a spicewine or a backwoods for the larger cuts of meat and leave the FEC for rib and chicken duty. Anyhow, here are the pics of today's work, hope you enjoy them.

1_brisket.jpg

1_brisket10.jpg

1_brisket11.jpg

1_brisket12.jpg

1_brisket13.jpg

1_brisket14.jpg

1_brisket15.jpg

1_brisket16.jpg

1_brisket17.jpg

1_brisket18.jpg

1_brisket19.jpg

1_brisket20.jpg

1_brisket21.jpg

1_brisket22.jpg

Looks perfect to me! If you don't mind me asking what are you using for an injection?

WOW that looks delicious!

How much does the injection help and in what ways? I havent ever injected but I am wanting to.

Truly jealous. I'm still trying to find the best way to attempt my first.

WOW that looks delicious!

How much does the injection help and in what ways? I havent ever injected but I am wanting to.

Well i did this entire thing not foiled, so if anything, it kept the brisket from drying out thats for sure. I just need to find the proper brisket rub next and do it again.

Truly jealous. I'm still trying to find the best way to attempt my first.

Just got to get the balls and just do it man. First one is always crappy but if you keep good logs and read here beforehand, it will save you further frustration. Even steady temperature is key and i mean knowing the pit temp and meat temp.

Camera isnt all that great, i really need to get a DSLR.

Back