• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Prep for tailgating (multiple fatty pr0n!)

embo500

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
With one week til kickoff, I decided this was the weekend to cook up the fatties for the upcoming Hawkeye Football season. I did 14 of them...two for every home game. 7 onion, pepper, bacon & cheese. 6 cheese only (we have a picky eater in our group), and one I just stuffed(?) with salsa after I ran out of cheese. I'm actually pretty interested to try that one, and if it tastes good, maybe do salsa and Velveeta or salsa and cream cheese next time around.

Anyway, here's the pron. I couldn't let a good cook go to waste, so I did 10 drumsticks and two pouches of taters with leftover onion, pepper, and bacon from the fatty stuffing.

Full load on the CS680:
main.php

Chicken, all finished. I glazed with 50/50 honey & maple syrup 15 minutes before pulling:
main.php

Finished taters:
main.php

Half of the finished fatties! I'll be vacuum sealing and freezing most of them and we'll use 2 at each game.
main.php

Gotta love having that many fatties around the house. You have tremendous willpower if those will last in your freezer an entire football season.

Any bets on if they actually make it?

How about some details on those taters?

They wouldn't last here...they are being shipped out to my buddy's house later this week. He has the tailgating vehicle and packs the grill, etc. for each game, so I am making it HIS responsibility if these disappear early!!

The one bright spot if they get eaten early...I get to make more.

No they wouldn't make it a whole season here. Looks very good.

Great looking grub. It is sure to bring some happiness to you since the Big Ten will be once again ruled by my mighty Buckeyes!! :mrgreen:

Sorry , couldn't help myself.

Those fatties wouldn't last the weekend, let alone a football season. They look great.

Nice lookin eats!!

I doubt they will last all season as well... :)

Those fatties wouldn't last 2 weeks around here. Your mind control is worthy of a Jedi Knight..

Makes me want to go halfway across the country for a Hawkeye game!

Back